OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ROLLED TWO WITH HEVI-13's TODAY

Started by bbcoach, May 03, 2011, 09:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

A very Good Friend of mine became a True Believer in #6 Hevi's today.  He was Turkey Hunting this morning and had a couple of hens run across a road that he had set up on.  He got his gun up in case a Gobbler followed.  A couple of minutes later, he sees a shadowy figure in the grass at  the edge of the road at 50 yards.  A coyote sticks her head out of the grass and he doesn't even hesitate, BOOM, drops her dead in her tracks.  He runs another shell in the chamber and 15 seconds later, out comes another YOTE trying to scamper across the road and you guessed it, BOOM, another one bites the dust. 

Both YOTES were shot at 50 yards with a Remington 870, 3" 2 oz, #6 Hevis with an .675 Indian Creek Choke.  The first one was shot in the head and didn't even flinch and the second one he rolled in the ditch so he couldn't see if she died immediately or not but he found her right where she went in. 

I know you don't POST without PICS but I have to apologize, we didn't take a camera along today.  All I can say is we have another BELIEVER in the HEVI CLUB. 

Hognutz

Awesome..That is a good day, right there..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

cannonball

I hate turkeys

Better than a bird. He saved a bunch of birds.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

J.Davidson

i agree with cannonball kill em all we dont need pics!!! :you_rock: :you_rock: :you_rock:

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Ky strutt n bust n

turkey slayer

Basser69

Congrats on killin two turkey eaters!!!  :z-guntootsmiley: Thanks for sharing

trkehunr93

Way to go!  Keep those yotes in check! :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

Cleburne

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gold Spur

Congrats! Never pass on a chance to bust a yote.... :you_rock: :you_rock:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!