turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

OG member needs help with depression!!

Started by LX_Trkyhntr, May 03, 2011, 10:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LX_Trkyhntr

Today is the last day of the Arkansas turkey season, and I am at work.  I don't have the $ for any more road trips this year so I guess my turkey season is coming to an end for this year.  It seems like yesterday I was heading to MS for my first hunt of the year with Preacher and BlueRibbon, now it's all over for another 10.5 months or so. 

Here's a tribute to the gobblers I have had the pleasure of carrying over my shoulder this spring.
(And Sarah's turkey)
3/24/11 Mississippi

4/9/11 Arkansas youth hunt, Sarah's 1st turkey

4/22/11 Good Friday Gobbler   Kansas Rio

4/23/11 Kansas I took this bird with a bow that had belonged to my friend Ron Mahmens, his family gave me the bow after he passed away.  R.I.P. Ron, I miss ya buddy!

4/28/11 Arkansas first bird I have killed in Arkansas in several years, it sure was nice!!
He even had a double beard!!

Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

Basser69

Congrats on a great season. I feel your pain on the season being over. Ours ended Saturday and I am already going into withdrawls

Flydown

Congrats on a great season Stephan, I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I think I'm gonna ease my depression by killing a bunch of hawgs this summer. ;D   :you_rock: :you_rock:

Spring_Woods

I feel ya. Turkey season is just too short. :(
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

vaturkey

Stephan

Congrats on a great season ! Especially Sarah's first turkey. Glad I got to meet you at the convention this year. Looking forward to seeing you again next year . Take Care & God Bless

Ricky     :newmascot:
Vaturkey

Tail Feathers

Congrats on a great season and I too, feel your pain.

Our season ended Saturday and I still have a tag in my wallet.
And I worked 18 hours Saturday.  And the weather last week was perfect for hunting, and I had to work all week. :'(
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

stinkpickle

hobbes

Congrats on a great season! 

I've still got three more weekends I can hunt here in CO, but that is usually just a Saturday.  We didn't get to hunt last weekend because of the terrible weather.  When that comes to an end, I'm always depressed.  I"ve been hitting NE the last couple years on Memorial Day weekend, but don't think I can do it this year.  I have, however, scheduled my May furlough day for the 31st to make it a four day weekend just incase I devise a way to go. 

Just drive to NE and finish the season off in the heat and wind.  The ticks will love you for it and you may kill a bird.

drenalinld

I am  looking out my office window in central AR with a long face because this it the first sunshine in many days. I would love to have been in the woods this morning. Trying now to devise a plan to get out of here this afternoon and give it one last try. Congrats on the birds, especially Sarah's 1st.

catdaddy

Great pics--loved them!!!!  Congrats on a super seson!!

LX_Trkyhntr

Quote from: drenalinld on May 03, 2011, 11:28:27 AM
I am  looking out my office window in central AR with a long face because this it the first sunshine in many days. I would love to have been in the woods this morning. Trying now to devise a plan to get out of here this afternoon and give it one last try. Congrats on the birds, especially Sarah's 1st.

I am fighting the same battle!!  I am trying to justigy going this afternoon myself!!  It doesn't help that a buddy just sent me a text from "across the holler" from the place that I hunt.  He said he heard one gobble over on the point of the place that I hunt!! :begging:  What to do, what to do ???
Hook's Custom Call Prostaff, Ol'Tom's Elite Team, Vaportrail Archery Prostaff, KTECH Design Prostaff
[IMG]http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af259/OpenSeason1/oltom-logo.png[/i

hobbes

Go shoot him............not the buddy, but the turkey.........unless he sends another text to rub it in again.

Devastator

great season!now ya know how us pa. boys felt when you guy's were killing birds earlier.congrats to the young lady.

flintlock

Just keep lookin at those pics and thank the good Lord for the time afield w/friends and that little girl.  You'll make it man!

Go get some crappie!   :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:

...with that said, I AM WITH YOU!!!!
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey