OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Made it to Missouri

Started by Spitten and drummen, May 01, 2019, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Good luck and watch out for those timber rattlers ....

yelpy

Give er heck.. Good hunting to you!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Chris O

I hope you get your fix. I haven't had a really great season either so I know how you are feeling. Best of luck to ya

Rzrbac

Good luck, hope you're not in southeast MO. Birds are thin and quiet. I've heard better reports from other parts of MO. Hope you get to haul a few back to Mississippi.

tomstopper

Good luck

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Rzrbac on May 01, 2019, 09:29:14 PM
Good luck, hope you're not in southeast MO. Birds are thin and quiet. I've heard better reports from other parts of MO. Hope you get to haul a few back to Mississippi.

Im in northwest MO. A guy and his wife been hunting 3 days. They leaving tomorrow. They have heard 8 to 10 birds a day all the way till the 1 pm closing time. Been cold and wet. They have bumped birds because they are trying to get tight on them and the woods are kind of open.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spitten and drummen

Appreciate all the support guys. I need it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Jrkimbrough

Good luck!  Just got back Monday from 3 days in northern Missouri.  Tougher hunting than I expected. I was able connect on one at 12:50 Saturday after we struck two gobbling at 11. My buddy got one that came in silent the next morning.

Gooserbat

Missouri was good to me this year.  Hope your trip is as good as mine.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

HookedonHooks

Was just up in NW MO last week dropping off a bird at a particularly special location to have mounted. Lot of the northern portion of the state didn't have birds until I got almost all the way up there, then all the sudden there were turkeys everywhere.

If you extend your trip through the weekend and need some public ground with birds, just give me a ring and I'll get you fixed up.

bbcoach

Don't understand States that cut you off at 1pm.  Can't wrap my head around the reasoning.  I've had some GREAT hunts in some of my travel States at 3-5pm.  Hunt Hard S and D!

Mtd69

Poppahunts

Best of luck!!! Hope you have a good trip...
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

JLH

Go get 'em Jody!

Waiting on pics!

Spitten and drummen

Well N West MO was good to me. Set up this morning on 2 good gobbling birds. Heard 8 but the others were a pretty good ways off. Pulled the trigger on a hog. He weighed 25 pounds , 11-1/2 inch beard and 1-1/4" hooks. Shot him at 11:45. My heaviest bird to date. Half way back home and in a hotel room now. Will post some pics when I get home. Thanks guys for wishing me all that luck. I will end2019 with2 birds. I usually end up with 5 or 6 but this year was bad. I cant complain though. Thankful I have the health and means to Be out there hunting them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"