OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do you work a box call handle up or down?

Started by notsure, April 28, 2019, 11:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I find it more comfortable to have the handles down on my long box but the others I hold down between my legs and work them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

LaLongbeard

Depends on the box call some sound better up some down. The one box all I now own sounds better played handle down with lid stroked upwards.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tha bugman

Depends on the box.  My boat paddle I run sideways.  My one siders I run flat.  My two siders just depends on the mood I'm in...I may just grab them by the backend and give them a shake every now and then.  :jackson:

dublelung

There's not a right or wrong way. You run it whichever way you think it sounds the best.

trkehunr93

For me I learned how to use one with the handle down, you can get loud with it that way or play it soft.  When I want to try to fire one up I flip the box handle up, great for sending out those really desperate, lookin' for love yelps, for loud, sharp cutts and cackles.

roverboy

Listen for the gobble

RutnNStrutn

I run it both ways. Usually depending on how I am holding my gun, and therefore the ease of running the call.