OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best budget red dot

Started by WNCTracker, April 17, 2019, 01:24:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

I use a FF3 but I need a budget red dot for my kids 20 ga. I've had two trs -25's but both have had to be returned. I'd like to try a different one but keep it at $100 mark for now. Any opinions?  Is there a worthwhile red dot at a lower cost? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plush

The TruGlo GobbleStopper may be something to test out. I personally like it and haven't had problems...but we shall see longevity.

bbcoach

I put a Bushnell Trophy Red dot on my 835 over 10 years ago and she's going strong.  Not sure if they have been discontinued and replaced with the TRS 25 but I would check around.  I think I paid about $40 for mine. 

Gmed

Brownell's has a Vortex Sparc II on sale for $139.00 with an additional 10% off and free shipping. Its $126.00 shipped, but Vortex has a great warranty and its not much over your $100.00 point...

Big Jeremy

I no longer use it, but have used the truglo gobble stopper in the past and had fine results.

captpete

Check out Mueller Quick Shot....they run right at $100. I used one for a couple of seasons with out any issues. I liked it better than the Tru-Glo I had. I'm using a Vortex Venom now.

limhnger

Greg Massey

Just opinion , but i think a red dot would be harder for a kid to use .. i would mount a Simmons pro diamond scope on the gun for the kids ... especially if these kids are use to deer hunting with a scope rifle .... now just opinion ....

bghunter777

Bushnell trs 25 great reasonable red dot

tomstopper

I put a truglo red dot on my daughters 20 gauge and it works great.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

ElkTurkMan

Tru Glo gobble stopper. I am on my 10th season with mine a d it has held up well. I highly recommend.

Yoder409

Please hold your laughter til I'm done, but.................

Probably 15 years ago, I got a BSA 30mm red dot for free with the purchase of some BSA rifle scope.  I put the dot on my 3 1/2" SX2 just to see what one would be like.  Figured if I liked it, I'd buy a real red dot sight.  Well.............. 15 years later it's still on there............it still works............I've never EVER had to re-adjust for zero.  Changed the battery several times, just because.

Go figger.....................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WNCTracker

Thanks for all the opinions !  I may go with the everlasting gobble stopper this time.  Although that vortex is a steal!!  Bushnell has let me down twice with trs-25 and currently with my HD prime binoculars I'm seeing the cheapness in them as well.  No more bushnell.

roberthyman14

Quote from: Yoder409 on April 17, 2019, 09:12:51 PM
Please hold your laughter til I'm done, but.................

Probably 15 years ago, I got a BSA 30mm red dot for free with the purchase of some BSA rifle scope.  I put the dot on my 3 1/2" SX2 just to see what one would be like.  Figured if I liked it, I'd buy a real red dot sight.  Well.............. 15 years later it's still on there............it still works............I've never EVER had to re-adjust for zero.  Changed the battery several times, just because.

Go figger.....................
Funny. I've got the same bsa sitting in my gun cabinet. Brother bout it years ago when all I hunted with was a shotgun.  Never mounted it, but I'm about to order a saddle mount for my Remington to mount it for next season

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

valerio024

I'll throw this out there as an option: AT3 Tactical RD-50. It is $75 on Amazon. It has fantastic reviews everywhere you look and they have a zero stipulations lifetime warranty. The company is based in Minnesota but I don't know where the sight is made. It is a 2 MOA dot with 11 brightness settings. I have mine mounted on a Rem 870 and it has been holding zero just fine. The adjustments were smooth and worked great to get it dialed in. I'd highly recommend it for less than $100.