Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

VA youth day success

Started by TKE921, April 06, 2019, 01:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKE921

I took my friend's little boy hunting today for youth day.  We heard 4 birds gobbling and had 2 longbeards come in to 30 yds and proceed to flog the heck out of my Funky Chicken.  His first trigger pull was a light primer strike and he had to shuck a shell for the second shot.  Every time he would go to work the pump one of the longbeards would flog the decoy and he would shake almost out of his shoes.  He got it done though.  I received a nice new call, out of the blue, from Bill Lyman, and those birds ate it up.

harleytom

Congrats man! Special day for all involved and one that young man will never forget. Thanks for taking the time to get another member of the 10th Legion off to the right start.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mathews.1

Congratulations to everyone

3bailey3

3seasons

That's awesome. Huge congrats to y'all.  Sounds like he handled the light primer strike like a pro, I may would have freaked out if that had happened to me.

FullChoke

Fantastic job in grooming the next generation of Turkey hunters! Beautiful bird. Steely nerves in the face of tremendous pressure. Well done son.!

Make sure that this young man sees these posts and understands how proud we are of him.

Cheers  :z-guntootsmiley:

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cramerhunts

Way to go! Congratulations to him and you as well!