OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How do you carry your lounger chair?

Started by Tail Feathers, March 30, 2019, 11:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

Been using a lounger sack but it's torn and it's kind of hard to stuff it back in every move. I want to put a claw sling on and use a strap of some sort to close the chair?   How do I attach the sling and what do you keep it closed with?  Any other methods used out there? 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Chris O

I don't put mine back in the case.I just carry with the legs strapped. I zip tied a small bungee cord to one of my legs and don't use the Velcro that came with the chair. And I use the sling that cane with my chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

added an old luggage strap and use a 12" wire plastic coated wrap to hold it and a net blind together. 
works.

Liljake

I use an old compound bow sling. Works good
I Love matching wits with a bird that has a brain the size of a peanut.

bbcoach

Mine (I have 2) have a long piece of nylon webbing with a shoulder pad attached with 2 screws to the tubing for carrying it.  The chair is kept closed with a piece of Velcro where the legs fold up.  The Velcro is also attached with a small screw so you won't lose the Velcro when not in use.  Throw it on your back, tighten the webbing and off you go.

1iagobblergetter

I use the bag mine came with,but it's getting worn also and I wish it had a longer strap. My second one only came with a small cheap strap.. I'll try to see if Annette from Usahuntinggear will make any at some point. I think she made some a few years back.

j.goebel

No it's too bulky when I am trying to move.
Justin Goebel

Illini Tom

i use a piece of  3/8 inch rope to carry mine. thick enough that it doesnt cut into my shoulder when carrying the chair.
dont like velcro in the woods so i attached a small bungee to secure the legs together

Rapscallion Vermilion

Mine was always falling off my shoulder with the cheap strap that came with it. Very annoying. I put plastic snap clips on both ends of a claw sling and that works a whole lot better and much more comfortable. My lounger came with metal loops to attach the original sling, so I use those.  I think the carry sack is less convenient on the run, but is quieter though, so my wife sewed a claw sling to the carry sack I had from a different lounger, so I can go with either depending on the kind of hunt I'm planning and just carry the sacked one by hand for shorter moves.

squidd

Use my backpack top side straps to anchor it on top.

If using a blind, I slide the shoulder straps through chair and use the bottom set of straps to help secure it in. 

No chair/blind but using backpack, I secure a camo boat cushion on.

Have never tried integrated vest sitting options.

RemingtonRules

I use something similar to these. Sits in the center of my back and does not swing or make noise. I have a simple web cam buckle strap to hold the chair folded.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/x-stand-tree-stand-backpack-straps?a=1887539&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy8fPqZKt4QIVEluGCh271gArEAQYASABEgL0PPD_BwE

fallsflight

Quote from: RemingtonRules on March 31, 2019, 03:48:01 PM
I use something similar to these. Sits in the center of my back and does not swing or make noise. I have a simple web cam buckle strap to hold the chair folded.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/x-stand-tree-stand-backpack-straps?a=1887539&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Google&utm_campaign=CI&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy8fPqZKt4QIVEluGCh271gArEAQYASABEgL0PPD_BwE

How did you attach the straps to your chair ?

Spurs Up

Carry mine in the bed of my truck.  If at all...

Not sure why I bought it. Too cumbersome. Maybe one day when I'm hunting out of a makeshift blind and carrying little else I'll use it.

3bailey3

I have my gun on one shoulder and my Ms. Green satchel on the other, I carry my chair under my arm, switch arms when one gets tired, I walk a lot and sit a lot, no problems.

camotoe

Crimped off a piece of heavy mono on each end attach a gun strap quick and easy to carry