OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning Cynergy Ultimate Turkey (the over/under) 24" barrel w/ Sumtoy .665  (Read 44979 times)

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
im picking up my cynergy tomorrow gonna put either vortex venom on mine or a leupold delta pro so interesting to see how it turns an how the poi is for both barrels did you ever find any sling mounts to work with the cynergy

I put a barrel clamp sling stud on the lower barrel next to fore-end. I drilled a small pilot in the back stock like normal and threaded the stud in, I put a very small amount of clear silicone on the stud threads. It is tight, just like it came from factory. The front barrel stud works great. It is great to have a sling on it...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:57:45 AM by Tom007 »
“Solo hunter”

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
I recently asked William to make me the tightest choke possible for #9 TSS and so he built me a .665 choke.

Here are the patterns at 20, 40, 50, and 60 yards.

I don't believe blasting birds at distance is something we should try to do or strive for.  Like most of you, I work hard to get them at 20 yards or closer.  Still, I am intrigued by what science and the latest design/component innovations can be capable of and so I tested at extended range.

My testing confirms what many of you have said, that TSS likes a more open choke.  Compared to the Jebs .660 (see my other thread) the .665 was a significant performace improvement in terms of increased pattern density.  Still, I have very little room for error at 20 yards (and the head is probably going to come off if I do hit it) and 60 is probably too far.

My top barrel has the spreader choke and that is only good to 15 yards and that is pushing it.  It really lives up to its name!  So 20 yards is too far for the spreader choke in the top barrel and too close for the .665 in the bottom barrel.  So the .665 is perhaps a bit impractical.  Anyway, enough jibber jabber, here are the results:

20 Yards

40 Yards

50 Yards

60 Yards

Fantastic patterns my friend. I want to let you know that when I use my Spreader choke in my upper barrel (usually over decoys), I use Federal 3rd degree. It throws a real nice pattern out to 20 yards for those in tight encounters. Best of luck with it.....
“Solo hunter”

Offline Dieselfitter

Here is my pattern of 3.5" Apex Ninja 8.5 shot @ 40 yards from my Cynergy Ultimate turkey with 26" barrels.

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Here is my pattern of 3.5" Apex Ninja 8.5 shot @ 40 yards from my Cynergy Ultimate turkey with 26" barrels.

No worries there, just worry about what marinate your going to use......... :turkey2:
“Solo hunter”