North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

It has begun!

Started by davisd9, March 15, 2019, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Got the good word in MS this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

trkehunr93

Can't wait for the details!

dirt road ninja

Quick hunt. Went in the area my son and I hunted last weekend and the birds were in the same spot.  This time however I was in a good spot to kill one. He pitched 35 yards in front of me and gave up an easy poke with the 20 gauge.

Now the best part is I watched another 3 toms strutt around and chase each other around with a pile of hens. Had one of the subordinate toms inside of 30 yards a couple times. They had me pinned down for 2 hours, but was great to watch them and gives me a really good jump on tomorrow. Bird I killed is a real nice 2 year old scored 55.1.

dirt road ninja

Was lucky enough to kill # 2 this morning. Another quick hunt and lots of action. Got a good lead on where to start in the morning. This morning I noticed my action was sticking, gun is cleaned regularly and lightly used. Took it apart and cleaned/oiled everything and it seems to be working. Didn't score this bird has he was only 3 ounces heavier, but his spurs were short. Head home tomorrow to start preparing for South Carolina. Feels good to hit the road with the rust knocked off.

dirt road ninja

Terry

Congrats again bud, how many tags do you have left?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

YoungbuckTX

line 'em up

trkehunr93

Way to knock them cobwebs off.   :icon_thumright:

dirt road ninja

Quote from: Terry on March 18, 2019, 09:03:56 PM

Thanks all. 1 more in MS and 1 more in SC

Terry

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 21, 2019, 02:38:24 PM
Quote from: Terry on March 18, 2019, 09:03:56 PM

Thanks all. 1 more in MS and 1 more in SC
Good luck!

dirt road ninja

All done in SC, will post pictures tomorrow. Will be back in in MS this weekend.

Bowguy