turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi opening day

Started by shoer2, March 14, 2019, 07:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonmouth

I managed to get one Saturday morning.  Finally heard one gobble at 6:53 when some loggers cranked up a tree cutter. Gobbled maybe 15 times on the limb and 5 times on the ground. 3 yr old.

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Drew2425

Man I hunted the draw hunt at Bienville the first two days and walked nearly 20 miles never saw or heard a bird. Only found two tracks. As a new turkey hunter I don't know what else to do. We did flush a covey of bob white quail that  made me step back that was the only action we had.

shoer2

1iagobblergetter

It will all turn back around as fast as it stopped. Hang in there. A good hard earned bird makes it even more bitter sweet when everything lines up.

zelmo1

Nice bird Cottonmouth. I love them 3 year olds.

Jrkimbrough

Heard lots of gobbling Sat. morning in north MS.  Saw a group of 50+ birds with about 7 strutters.  Gobblers were fighting pretty good for about 2 hours.  Hopefully over the next week those groups start to break up.

surehuntsalot

congrats to those that got a bird
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Spitten and drummen

I finally connected on a 3 year old this morning. Gobbled 8 or so times on the limb and 4 times on the ground. 45 minutes of staying quiet after getting him started , he came in drumming. Shot him at 30 yards. Awesome hunt.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

shoer2

Congratulations looks like finally a little better weather this week

Cottonmouth

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 18, 2019, 07:27:09 PM
I finally connected on a 3 year old this morning. Gobbled 8 or so times on the limb and 4 times on the ground. 45 minutes of staying quiet after getting him started , he came in drumming. Shot him at 30 yards. Awesome hunt.
Nothing like getting the pressure off early! Congratulations.

ShootingABN!

I've been seeing lone hens, in AM, afternoon and evening. Heard two Sunday morning.

tomstopper

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 18, 2019, 07:27:09 PM
Congrats man

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk