OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey photos from trip

Started by hobbes, April 30, 2011, 12:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes

I'll only add a brief description to each, but these are the birds we killed last week and a half.

I killed this bird after the strutter with the hens (Isaac's next day bird) gave us the slip.  I had the big strutter at 40 yards, but had too much stuff in the way and he followed the hens over the hill.  We got up and moved in on a bird that had been gobbling hard all morning.  It took an hour to get him in.  He slipped in to our right, so it was my shot.  I didn't let him leave.

These are photos of the bird Isaac killed the next day that I shared in a previous post.  This is my buddy that held off from shooting Isaac's bird the next day when we gave the strutter from day one another try.  He didn't fair as well this time around.

The bird looking big or Isaac looking small.

We found a hot bird an hour after Isaac's bird was down and my buddy filled his tag while I ran the call and Isac watched.

Two happy hunters

I hunted every morning with someone, but the wind and rain was killing us.  We did call a bird in for a new turkey hunter on about the 4th day, but we could see his head and he couldn't.
My brother and I were back up later in the week, and we killed birds about an hour apart between rain storms after a couple days of getting wet.  The birds were both soaked, especially after mine found a giant water hole while flopping.  We got a photo of the birds after they dried a little.

Mine had pretty good spurs.

As I shared in the previous post about Isaac, he killed his limited tag Rio in eastern CO when we stoped for a short hunt on our way back home.

spurless 2 yr old

Isaac taking a break on the walk back and looking his tag over

WyoHunter

Great lookin' birds and beautiful pics! Congrats!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Trip

Awesome Pics....Congrats to you all!!!

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

hookedspur

Great story and pictures , sounds like you guys had them where you wanted them.  :happy0064: :z-guntootsmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hobbes

Quote from: Hookspur on April 30, 2011, 01:46:39 AM
Great pics, Shane! It was good to finally meet you last week, and I'd really like to thank you again for rubbing my face in the mud by killing birds at your leisure, while I was doing nothing but getting soaking wet and skunked. I bow down to the master!  ;D

I'm glad we got to meet. but we all know from the photos you post that you don't need to do any bowing.   ;D Home court advantage with a lot of luck is always a plus.  Also, my second bird was an unpressured private land bird.

Two years ago I hunted every day of the 5th season and came back to CO w/ my tail between my legs.  I finally belly crawled a few hundred yards through the mud to cut off three toms.  I shot the second "tom" and it turned out to be a jake.

pullit

Great pictures and congrats all the way around!

barry

Great trip!
Looks like young Isacc  is well on his way to becoming a Turkey Thug!

Hognutz

Way to go, Hobbes and the Posse. Nice pictures of some beautiful birds. Well done, Boys...Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

njdevilsb

Great pictures and congrats on all the birds.  I love the colors in that Rio.

Wrangler95

anim_65: :anim_65: :anim_65: :anim_65: :anim_65:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

cannonball

flintlock

That smack-eth down-eth has been applied!   :you_rock:

Way to go!
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

turkey slayer

Congrats to the both of yall great Birds!

BOFF

Really nice birds, hunts, and pics!!  :happy0064:

Thanks for sharing!!!

God Bless,
David B.