OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Cynergy users  (Read 4667 times)

Offline fowledup

Cynergy users
« on: March 10, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »
I have been seriously looking at buying the cynergy ultimate turkey for a while, and think I’m going to close the deal in the next week or so. My question is, from a recoil stand point using a 3in. load, would you say it’s more comparable to shooting a pump? The reason I’m asking is because my 15 yr old nephew is wanting to try shooting a 12ga. this year, but my Benelli is to long. I was thinking that with this gun being more compact that it might fit him better. We always sight in on a lead sled, but he’d have to try it free hand eventually. Thoughts?

Offline 10gaugemag

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Cynergy users
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »
Let him shoot field loads when shooting on the he pattern board then slip in magnum loads for the hunt.

Offline Fdept56

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 09:45:57 PM »
The way the recoil pad is designed helps significantly. I honestly think my Cynergy kicks less than my VersaMax with 3 1/2s in each.

Offline Magdump

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 08:24:54 PM »
In a gun like this, there is no action motion to help spread the recoil impulse out over a longer period of time (like in a gas operated semi-auto).  Most pumps will unlock at firing so that bolt going back will help a little.  Bottom line, the Cynergy should be comparable to a pump and perhaps only a wee bit worse. 

Want to reduce recoil in the Cynergy? I have 3 pounds of TSS glued into the buttstock cavity of mine to reduce recoil and it really helps.  Still, heavy turkey loads are an awful thing to shoot no matter what you do. 

Good luck with your new Cynergy Ultimate Turkey when you get it!  You won't be regret the purchase!

Offline altrkyaddict12

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 04:25:49 PM »
Magsdump how is the poi off both barrels on the cynergy?

Offline Ontario_caller

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 08:44:12 PM »
I’m now in my second season with mine. The 3.5 inch loads kick hard but don’t feel any different than my 870,s.
I shot a gobbler last year with a 3.5 inch #5 longbeard from a squatting position. It spun me clear around in my feet facing the opposite direction after the shot, pretty neat.
The recoil is totally manageable. I site in off sticks with no sled without issue.
There He IS !

Offline altrkyaddict12

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 10:49:02 AM »
finally got mine an absolutely love it patterns great an easy to handle an recoil really isnt bad in 3 or 3 1/2 full tss when i finally put the red dot on it def made it a game changer!!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 11:33:56 AM by altrkyaddict12 »

Offline Dieselfitter

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2021, 07:10:59 AM »
3" shells out of this gun are no different than a pump action.   The lower barrel has less muzzle jump than the top barrel.   The recoil system on this gun is much better than the standard recoil pad you see on most guns.  I shoot 3.5 inch shells and it is no different than my Moss 835.

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
3" shells out of this gun are no different than a pump action.   The lower barrel has less muzzle jump than the top barrel.   The recoil system on this gun is much better than the standard recoil pad you see on most guns.  I shoot 3.5 inch shells and it is no different than my Moss 835.

Totally agree, best recoil reduction set up I’ve seen. The 3.5 shells are totally tolerable.
“Solo hunter”