Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Station 19

Started by TrackeySauresRex, March 07, 2019, 10:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Not Turkey related. My wife watches the show and I'm sitting here on OG. She says.. is it really like that?  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: Only in Seattle that's all I can say  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Hayudog

Guess I'll need to watch it. Watched Rescue Me with Denis Leary for a while. First few seasons were intertaining  , then it got a little far fetched and not as much of the real firehouse antics.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Hayudog on March 08, 2019, 02:21:51 PM
Guess I'll need to watch it. Watched Rescue Me with Denis Leary for a while. First few seasons were intertaining  , then it got a little far fetched and not as much of the real firehouse antics.

Even though that was somewhat believable at times. I wasn't a fan of the show, it painted a bad picture of us at times.

Now this statin 19 is just full of it,  lots of FH drama  :TooFunny: You might make one episode.

RutnNStrutn

What channel, time and day of the week is it on?

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 11, 2019, 11:15:10 AM
What channel, time and day of the week is it on?

I'm not positive JimBo.. Thursday ch7 at 9 maybe.

Hayudog

:TrainWreck1:
Ok. Tricked into watching two episodes. When the Dr., Firefighter, Paramedic rescued the trapped victim in a multi story building , came out, took off his coat, gave orders to the paramedic in the back of the box and then drove to the hospital....I thought that was a bit out there. 
The girl friend asked me how realistic it was it made me pause.  I said they used a couple of terms that were accurate. Called for a RIT team in a firefighter down situation....but it never appeared.  The firefighter doing hot laps looking for a breathing apparatus on the rig, only to have it not work when she started to make entry to a confined space rescue.  The chief with cancer surviving and then trying to come back to work. The firefighter that had a shard of glass impaled into his heart and coming back to work after 6 weeks.  And the outward showing of affection between multiple hook ups partners , male and female, in the station.... I said, well not at my station...

With that, I think I'll watch Days of Our Lives or General Hospital.  Or sit next to Ragan on the couch and get points for being entertained with one of "her" shows. I.e., The Bachelor, at least I'm not expecting something to be real.

I stopped by the firehouse the other day. 
All the historical pictures had been removed from the walls.  They were in a cabinet. New captain asked me if I wanted any of them....
The Christmas tree had been removed that morning.  We ( when I was there) were told we couldn't have a Christmas tree, so it stayed up all year and we decorated it for all holidays that were on the calendar...a Festivous Tree.  Take that City Hall.
The crews are starting to not eat together. Although a common mess was mandatory and we deliberately put it in our MOU.  A family that doesn't eat together, really. Guess I'm old school.
Station/rig inspections now.  Guess the Chiefs need something to do. The Chiefs used to call the station before they would stop by.  I told them it would be in their best interest if they didn't want to see something they didn't want to.

I guess I know what the crews watch on tv.....Station 19.

Twowithone

I retired at the right time. You could see the job changing right before your eyes and no one did anything now you talk to guys they cant wait to hit 50/20 and get out of town.   :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Hayudog on March 12, 2019, 03:00:43 PM
:TrainWreck1:

Nailed it,  Absolute train wreck! 

Quote from: Twowithone on March 12, 2019, 06:32:28 PM
I retired at the right time. You could see the job changing right before your eyes and no one did anything now you talk to guys they cant wait to hit 50/20 and get out of town.   :firefighter:

Not wishing my life away and I Still love doing what I do. 5 to go and can't come quick enough.

Hayudog

I think we all love the job. Worked our butts off to get it. Gave up a lot of family time and believed it for the right reasons. The guys today feel the same way, but it's a change of the good old days. I think it's seeing the dramatic change that's tough. I remember the old guys before me stopped coming back. I think it's the same thing. They saw changes that I didn't. I was changing too.
So, the fire service changes. The best days are when we first arrive.
I think I'll just see the guys from now on out side the firehouse. It will be easier that way.

Twowithone

My Cap was like that kept coming back havin coffee and donuts then it was less and less his inner soul gave him the message its hard at first but we survive. I belong to the Pgh. Veterans Firefighters Assc. and what we do is have a luncheon once a month we get about 60-70. Guys  come talk about the old times and the jokes and the whole thing its a good time sometimes I leave that luncheon and my sides are hurting from laughing.   :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Just had a great friend and awesome fire officer retire earlier this month. A lot of the old timers attended his party. We reminisced and laughed, but the conversation eventually turned to how the fire service is changing. We all agreed that we got in, and also left at the right time. It's the best job in the world, but I'd hate to be starting out now. Ahh, the good ole days. :icon_thumright: :firefighter: