turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thoughts

Started by kctinner, March 07, 2019, 10:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kctinner

I've been wanting to get a new turkey for awhile and have it narrowed down to either the Mossberg 835 or the Winchester xps if I got the Winchester it would likely be 20 ga. Just looking for something a little lighter than my Browning A5 plus it was my dad's and I really don't want to tear it up anymore TIA.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Gen.27:3

Two very different guns when it comes to a 3.5 inch Mossberg 835 and a Winchester 20ga. If you go with a 12ga, nothing will out pattern the 835 in my opinion. In the 20ga, TSS will also produce a very good pattern. So in my opinion, the first question that you have to answer is if you want a 12 or 20 gauge.
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

zelmo1

Stoeger 3020 for a 20 ga. if you are smaller framed, then a Franchi AL48 in 20 ga is a great lightweight option.

surehuntsalot

another vote for the Stoeger 3020  love mine
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bbcoach

I'm a 835 guy.  If you are going to shoot lead or Hevi go with it.  But with the invention of TSS, I would suggest a 20 gauge.

kctinner

Thanks, I've been leaning towards the 835 was thinking about the 20 ga so I could hand it down to the grandkids, but they are a few years out from hunting. Good luck this year fellas

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

roberthyman14

If you plan on TSS switch to a lighter gun. 20 gauge or even the new .410 from savage. 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: roberthyman14 on March 09, 2019, 12:53:48 PM
If you plan on TSS switch to a lighter gun. 20 gauge or even the new .410 from savage. 

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This right here. A 20 ga with TSS will perform better across the board than a 12ga unless its 12ga with Tss. My opinion is a 20 ga with TSS is the new 12ga of today.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE