OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Please Pray. Direct hit from tornado

Started by turkey_slayer, April 29, 2011, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

I dont have time to read the forum but I'm so sorry for who all was affected by all the tornadoes.  Im posting from a friends place as we have no power.  My house wasnt hit thank God but the rest of my families were destroyed.  It came through thursday morning around 1:20 and just wiped everything out.  All the homes, businesses, tree, everything is gone.  I type this with a tears as its just so hard for me comprehend. Never thought anything like this would hit here in the mountains but I was wrong.

You see this type of stuff on TV and thank how aweful it must be but until you live it its just mind boggling.  I dont know the total death count but I know I lost a cousin and his wife punctured a lung and pretty much broke every bone in her body but she is still with us.  We have no power and want for weeks.  Both of my Uncles houses are gone.  All there buildings, barns, livestock are gone.  I went out at 2am and checked on them and started to cut trees out of the road after I saw everyone was fine but shakened cause I had to walk over a mile to get to them due to fallen trees and powerlines.  I worked till dark cutting trees and moving supplies.  My family decided to sleep in and lay around till this evening to gather there thoughts.

I went home and got some shut eye myself.  I woke at 5 am on my own so decided to get a quick hunt in to clear my head.  I was home by 9 a.m.  with a bird. It felt good but I still felt the sadness over me as I started to head home.  Please pray for my family and everyone else who has been affected by all this devastation and I will do the same for yall.  God bless and I will try to get back in touch in a few days

redarrow

VALongBox

I have been wondering how you were.  My wife's family made it through OK.  They have been helping out neighbors and friends ever since.  The videos we have seen on you tube are unbelievable.  Our thought and prayers are with you all in Glade.  - Cliff

Basser69

REBELYELL

bbcoach

Turkeyslayer,
I am TRULY sorry and my Prayers go out to all of the tornado victims especially to you guys in Glade Springs.  I graduated from Chilhowie High and live in Eastern NC now and my son got hit here on the 16th of April when the first round came through.  Your right, you see it on TV but when it's in your backyard, you get a whole different Perspective.

Congrats on getting a bird and hopefully getting your mind off the devastation, for a short time.  

Again, My Prayers are with (you all)!!!!  

Ron

ccleroy

Prayers are sent buddy,If there is anything I can do let me know......I am in SC but willing to help any way I can!

hookedspur

:cross2: :jesus-cross: :cross2: Prayers spoken ,and a spot in the heart reserved.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Flydown

Ol'Mossy

Crutch

Please keep us posted. My sister finally got in touch with my cousin near Greenville Tn and everything near them was destroyed except my Aunt's homeplace and my cousin's home. Although some trees near the house fell on it, no real damage was done. However away from their homes everything is destroyed or just gone.

I'm glad you an your household are OK.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

strutnva

praying for you guys from Spencer, VA

Hognutz

Prayers said and sent. My heart goes out to all of you that are affected. This truly is heart wrenching.. :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.