News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

USE TICK SPRAY GUYS ...

Started by Old Gobbler, March 06, 2019, 09:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 28, 2019, 12:15:57 PM
For those of you who don't trust your math on the proper amount of permethrin to water. Both concentrates are here....the stronger one (36.8%?) and the 10%. (see the attachment below)

I am very bad with numbers so I am hoping for some additional help as I wanted to do this today, the one I bought has a 1/2 oz marking and a 1oz marking, how much would I add to the gallon jug? 1 gallon water + 6.75 oz is that between half and 3/4 of an oz? Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

roberthyman14

You mean .675?  Then yes between .50 and .75

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: roberthyman14 on April 29, 2019, 10:08:59 AM

On the chart that Bag-it Tag-it shared it reads as follows.

"Using 10% permethrin concentrate
1 gallon water + 6.75 oz 10% Permethrin = 124.75 oz at .5% concentration COST $.75 per ounce x 6.75 = $5.06"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

roberthyman14

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 29, 2019, 10:20:07 AM

1 gallon water + 6.75 oz 10% Permethrin = 124.75 oz at .5% concentration COST $.75 per ounce x 6.75 = $5.06"
I was just re thinking it in my head as I'm working.  6.75oz would be 6 full 1 oz and the .75 would be just under the full oz.  I would just make it at 7oz that 1/4 oz difference isn't much

Sir-diealot

Quote from: roberthyman14 on April 29, 2019, 10:23:31 AM

I was just re thinking it in my head as I'm working.  6.75oz would be 6 full 1 oz and the .75 would be just under the full oz.  I would just make it at 7oz that 1/4 oz difference isn't much

Okay, thank you, math was my worst subject in school, I am still horrible with it so I always want to double check.

John Koenig:

roberthyman14

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 29, 2019, 10:28:42 AM
Quote from: roberthyman14 on April 29, 2019, 10:23:31 AM

Okay, thank you, math was my worst subject in school, I am still horrible with it so I always want to double check.
I suck at it also, but I mix stuff most days with small increments so that stuff I can usually figure

Bagg-it Tag-it

Yes...for permithrin 10 to get .5% solution... If you want a gallon, mix one gallon water with 6.75 oz of permithrin 10 concentrate. If you want to fill a spray bottle...mix one oz of permithrin 10 to twenty ozs of water in a spray bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 29, 2019, 11:31:43 AM
Yes...for permithrin 10 to get .5% solution... If you want a gallon, mix one gallon water with 6.75 oz of permithrin 10 concentrate. If you want to fill a spray bottle...mix one oz of permithrin 10 to twenty ozs of water in a spray bottle.

Yes I do want to do a spray bottle so thank you for that. I want to test it fist because I tend to have sensitive skin/allergies to some things. That is why I have been using nothing but Tide, ivory soap and Suave shampoo for years because they don't make me itch.

John Koenig:

HFultzjr

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 29, 2019, 11:48:52 AM

Yes I do want to do a spray bottle so thank you for that. I want to test it fist because I tend to have sensitive skin/allergies to some things. That is why I have been using nothing but Tide, ivory soap and Suave shampoo for years because they don't make me itch.

Make sure you allow your clothes to dry completely before using them. Do not hang in direct sunlight, as it will break down much faster.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HFultzjr on April 30, 2019, 07:38:05 AM

Already did it, hung them on the clothesline and spayed both sides and then let them dry there. I did have one problem though, I could not get the measuring side do measure out the ounces for me, the other side would fill but not that side, so I just poured in what looked right. What do I do to get that thing to measure it for me? This is the one I purchased. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Make sure you allow your clothes to dry completely before using them. Do not hang in direct sunlight, as it will break down much faster.

John Koenig:

HFultzjr

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 30, 2019, 08:45:05 PM

Already did it, hung them on the clothesline and spayed both sides and then let them dry there. I did have one problem though, I could not get the measuring side do measure out the ounces for me, the other side would fill but not that side, so I just poured in what looked right. What do I do to get that thing to measure it for me? This is the one I purchased. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00061MSS0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I usually take off both caps and tilt the bottle a little towards the measuring side and squeeze.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: HFultzjr on May 02, 2019, 08:32:45 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 30, 2019, 08:45:05 PM

I usually take off both caps and tilt the bottle a little towards the measuring side and squeeze.
Thanks. I did try that to no avail, tried leaving one cap on one side and then on the other but did not want to work at all, the side without the measuring part kept going to where it was about to overflow.

John Koenig:

Turkeyman

Not rocket science guys. Just "fool around" with the caps and you'll figure out how to get the proper amount. Did you take high school physics? Remember whereas C1V1=C2V2. C=concentration, V=volume. Personally I use the 36.8% concentrate bought from Amazon and to spray (somewhat soak) all my clothes I mix 2 gallons for my garden sprayer. Thus C1=.368, C2=.005 and V2=128 oz. Thus V1 solves to 1.7 oz. So I use 2 oz. for just a bit stronger. I've already hunted MO and KS for a 2 week period and never picked up a tick. My buddy's grandson, sans permethrin, picked up 9 ticks in the same period.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Turkeyman on May 02, 2019, 03:27:52 PM
Not rocket science guys. Just "fool around" with the caps and you'll figure out how to get the proper amount. Did you take high school physics? Remember whereas C1V1=C2V2. C=concentration, V=volume. Personally I use the 36.8% concentrate bought from Amazon and to spray (somewhat soak) all my clothes I mix 2 gallons for my garden sprayer. Thus C1=.368, C2=.005 and V2=128 oz. Thus V1 solves to 1.7 oz. So I use 2 oz. for just a bit stronger. I've already hunted MO and KS for a 2 week period and never picked up a tick. My buddy's grandson, sans permethrin, picked up 9 ticks in the same period.
Nope, surely did not take high school physics, I was homeless by then and more worried about where my meals were going to come from than I was physics.

John Koenig:

SCGobbler

Late to the game gusy, but with deer season coming up especially people checking cameras and early season archey I found this:

https://sectionhiker.com/permethrin-soak-method-guide/
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge