OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ohio

Started by Holtbensley, March 02, 2019, 12:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holtbensley

They gobbled on the ground but not much...
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Holtbensley

Any new reports? Seen 3 strutter with 6-7 hens together in a field this evening gonna say it now I think most will struggle this season
CRUSADERS

[/img]

BKnisley

Lots of rain forecast for the end of the week. I think if you've got your scouting in and know when they're spending their time you should do fairly well. But I agree they are not very vocal this year.

BigSlam51

My buddy and I took his nephew out for youth last Saturday. Heard the first gobble at 5:40am, and it was non stop action until he killed his first Turkey at 10:15. All depends on where you are I guess.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BigSlam51

I took the second week of season off hoping the gobblers are more responsive to calls then.

aaron

My scouting shows no reason to believe it will be anything short of excellent.  Have numerous birds patterned and the occurrence of single hens slipping off all over has increased exponentially around me over the past week.  I expect to find plenty of birds ready to play the game.

Holtbensley

After today I'm thinking it's going to be pretty darn good Monday also seen a ton of solo hens and groups of hens by themselves today!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

Holtbensley

No gobbling tonight on roost which don't mean much because I never have any luck at night but hoping tomorrow morning is different best of luck!!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

eggshell

Good luck all Ohio hunters and prayers for safety. Not sure what I'm going to find, birds by the house have been silent for a few days. Going to the family farm, scouted it last Tuesday and heard several. That makes it hunting.....

BKnisley

Eerily quiet today. Only heard a few sound off and EARLY. The fellas made their way to hens pretty quick and couldn't find any others willing to play. Couldn't quite figure it out today.  :OGani: Trying later this week. Good luck everyone!

Holtbensley

Anyone have any luck
CRUSADERS

[/img]

deerhunt1988

Heard several gobble good on roost this morn in south Ohio. Only a pair continued to gobble on ground. Didnt take much to bring them in.

BigSlam51

Turks gobbled on their own on the roost last night. Set up as close as we could this morning but they flew down and went quiet, all the wind didn't help either.

Twowithone

Gobblers were going crazy on the roost then they hit the ground and nothing. Wind was brutal at 20 mph didn't know if gobblers could hear my calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Holtbensley

How's everyone doing
CRUSADERS

[/img]