OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nomad Facemask

Started by tha bugman, February 20, 2019, 08:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerpoo22

I never understood a facemask.. can't tell you how many turkeys were less than 5 yards from me over the years looking right at my bare face and never saw me.

Gobblestik

Do these have something that can formed around the nose area or are they just elastic? I had an older UA one that had a formable nose piece so I could cinch it on my nose but then turn it down around my eyes so it wouldn't ride up under my eyes.

tha bugman

nothing to make it fit around the nose.  Just shockcord all the way around and then a cinch buckle in the back to hold it in place.

uk.turkey.hunter

I used the Nomad mask that was fitted this year and don't really like because it's fitted. Also, my bino's would tend to fog up if I had it on. Not sure if everyone is having that same problem with a different mask though.

kytrkyhntr

The loose face mask is great.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

TTG

But the question is, are they are white on the inside like the Mossy Oak ones?

tha bugman

Quote from: TTG on April 23, 2019, 04:56:58 PM
But the question is, are they are white on the inside like the Mossy Oak ones?
Unfortunately....yes :-\

TTG

Maybe I just don't understand how manufacturing works but you would think they could make them not white on the inside. Although I'm wondering if it's because you wouldn't see the pattern well if it was a darker color underneath. I don't know, but someone needs to get on fixing that for all companies

KYFrid

I wasn't lucky enough to snag one of the UA ones before they quit making them but the loose fit nomad is the next best thing i think. I use that and a primos ninja mask most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: TTG on April 23, 2019, 06:20:27 PM
Maybe I just don't understand how manufacturing works but you would think they could make them not white on the inside. Although I'm wondering if it's because you wouldn't see the pattern well if it was a darker color underneath. I don't know, but someone needs to get on fixing that for all companies
I agree....and all these shirts and pants with white pockets and interiors.... :newmascot:

Big Jeremy

I got a Nomad loose face mask last year on clearance at a big retailer that we don't care much for around these parts...it was in my favor, though, at $7.97.

Anyway, I like it. It's my favorite face mask that I've had. I find that I don't cinch it down at all past a point. I pull it up higher on the top of my head, and the angle keeps my face covered well, but it never gets tight around my face. The elastic in the front isn't even touching my face when I wear it this way, but it being up over the top of my head a little keeps it in place. It's never felt like it is going to fall, doesn't fog up binos, and is comfortable. I do wish it wasn't white on the backside, though.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: tha bugman on April 24, 2019, 09:54:13 AM
Quote from: TTG on April 23, 2019, 06:20:27 PM
I agree....and all these shirts and pants with white pockets and interiors.... :newmascot:
Another one that get's me from a major safety point is all these people that run around with red white blue or black handkerchiefs, talk about wanting to get shot in the face! I bought a bunch of camo ones just for turkey season.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bagg-it Tag-it

Independently of this post I was noticing the UA one that Dave Owens was wearing in the Pinhoti Project and it looked a lot better than the ones I have been using. So they stopped making that one? I did try to find it online....and did.....but every retailer said it was out of stock. If they stopped making it...maybe that is why. I would go ahead and get the nomad loose fitting one....but I didn't like that big light colored NWTF logo on the front of it. I support NWTF but thought it was too light for wearing on me as part of hunting clothes.

tha bugman

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 24, 2019, 06:27:07 PM
Independently of this post I was noticing the UA one that Dave Owens was wearing in the Pinhoti Project and it looked a lot better than the ones I have been using. So they stopped making that one? I did try to find it online....and did.....but every retailer said it was out of stock. If they stopped making it...maybe that is why. I would go ahead and get the nomad loose fitting one....but I didn't like that big light colored NWTF logo on the front of it. I support NWTF but thought it was too light for wearing on me as part of hunting clothes.
Take a sharpie and fill it in.  That is what I do with some of my Ol' Tom logos that I think are too white.