turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nomad Facemask

Started by tha bugman, February 20, 2019, 08:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Anyone used one and if so what are your thoughts on it?

ddturkeyhunter

Sorry to say can't help you, never used one, don't like anything tight aroung my neck or face. I have a cap with mesh net attached to it got back in the 80's for bear hunting. Been using for turkey hunting, and now thinking besides my gun maybe the only thing else I haven't lost or forgot.

Delmar ODonnell

I bought two last year. They are lightweight and were comfortable in hot weather. I did notice that they were both very different sizes, one tight against your face and the other that was loose and hung freely from the elastic band, which I prefer. I do not know if I bought two different sizes or if there was just discrepancies in manufacturing.

tha bugman

Quote from: Delmar ODonnell on February 20, 2019, 10:21:18 AM
I bought two last year. They are lightweight and were comfortable in hot weather. I did notice that they were both very different sizes, one tight against your face and the other that was loose and hung freely from the elastic band, which I prefer. I do not know if I bought two different sizes or if there was just discrepancies in manufacturing.
The one I was looking at has the elastic strap and cinch buckle in the back

Delmar ODonnell

Looking at Nomad's website, it looks like they have both a "loose" and a "fitted" option. I assume I got one of each without looking. I don't like them tight against my face, so I would recommend the looser option, but then again that's personal preference.

SD_smith

I have the loose version and it is nearly identical to the Under Armour loose gaiter.

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: SD_smith on February 20, 2019, 10:59:45 AM
I have the loose version and it is nearly identical to the Under Armour loose gaiter.

I have the UA version and it's hands down the best facemask I've owned.  I hate the tight fitting ones that ride up your nose.

HartClemson99

Quote from: SD_smith on February 20, 2019, 10:59:45 AM

I helped design both and you would be correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

Britton40

I love the loose fit face mask. It's perfect to me.

davisd9

Need a mesh loose, adjustable 3/4 mask with draw string and good feel around the eyes and a hole at mouth to play trumpets.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Ross R

I was thinking about these too. I just ordered the loose fitting one. You can see right through the quaker boy one I have now and the buff mask I have is tight and gets annoying while hunting. 

Gooserbat

I tried one on and it was nice.  Mossy oak store had a similar one for about half the price.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Upfold99

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 20, 2019, 04:27:13 PM
I tried one on and it was nice.  Mossy oak store had a similar one for about half the price.
I tried to order one 2 weeks ago. They didnt show on the mossyoak site anymore. They were there a month or so back. I ordered one from midwest. Only place I could find one. The new ones say 3/4 length. I also did not see them on the nomad site.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SD_smith

Quote from: Gooserbat on February 20, 2019, 04:27:13 PM

Similar but shorter. The nice thing about the nomad and UA loose fit is it's long

KeyDett

I started using these last year and I really like them. Lightweight and comfortable so it works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk