OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Red slate

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 19, 2019, 07:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

When I talked to John I wanted a cedar for the red slate  ,
I know the softer the wood won't be as  as loud than a much more denser wood
I'm very happy on how the call sounds  .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

vt35mag

Give Paul Hicks red slate in a cedar pot a try. I think you will like what you hear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

shatcher

I think red slate over glass in poplar would be perfect!

highcottton

I have a green and a red slate from the same call maker in the same pot. The red is a tad higher pitched when using the same striker. I personally love the red! It will climb the ladder from soft to excited!

rcleofly

I'm looking at getting a red slate over glass from Sinclair in a Walnut pot. Haven't decided on a striker yet. It's so hard. Once you hit the order button it's yours lol. All his pots are so pretty it's so hard to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outdoors

Quote from: rcleofly on February 24, 2019, 07:30:26 PM
I'm looking at getting a red slate over glass from Sinclair in a Walnut pot. Haven't decided on a striker yet. It's so hard. Once you hit the order button it's yours lol. All his pots are so pretty it's so hard to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give him a call and talk to M .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

I got mine in from paul hicks. Its in a cedar pot. After running it a bit , i really like it. Green and red are passing gray up in my line up. Pretty happy with it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BTH

Paul makes a fine pot! If it sounds anywhere close to the one on the soundfile page....you got a winner!
Phil 4:13

Gen.27:3

Does the actual red slate material come from a certain geographic region?
Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: BTH on February 27, 2019, 06:29:39 PM
Paul makes a fine pot! If it sounds anywhere close to the one on the soundfile page....you got a winner!

Sounds even better. That and brad roberts is up there high in my line up. I have a green in walnut coming from paul next week.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

vt35mag

Quote from: Gen.27:3 on February 27, 2019, 11:05:11 PM
Does the actual red slate material come from a certain geographic region?

Only found on the VT/NY border, same with the green and purple slate.  The traditional grey slate is from PA

Greg Massey

Take my word for it , and contact Nathan Taylor with High Class calls and get you a red slate in a cherry pot form him and you can thank me later .... One of his specialty is red slate and he has some of the best ...

letinmfly

Jody get a hold of Larry Halford and get one in a Persimmon pot.  You won't be disappointed!!
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

wvspitndrum

Get ahold of Nathan Taylor at Higher Calling Custom Calls , his red slates are on the money !

Gog1015

I have an ambrosia maple red slate on order from Nathan Taylor, really nice guy to deal with.