turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ONX hunting app

Started by turkaholic, February 10, 2019, 07:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

My son bought this app. It is real handy if you want access to private land. You can view any state in many views, Topo, satellite etc. you can zoom in and it tells you how many acres are owned and contact information for the land owner. I'm on his plan for free. I think he said it was about $100 a year. One nice feature is you can download area maps to your phone or gps and view without service.
live to hunt hunt to live

NCL

OnX had deal going on around Christmas time so I got the single state for about $20.00. It is very helpful app and truly worth what I paid.

Fullfan

Took a guy west elk hunting last year, he used OX. I'm old school just with a GPS and the birds eye view.  I was shocked at how much better OX was. We were back in several miles and at dark he informed me of a trail that would end up taking us to a forest service road. It saved us from blundering back through the timber. And the ability to use his phone where there is no cell service was a neat option. I will have the one state option before next fall.
Don't gobble at me...

Gooserbat

I spend the $100 every year and don't hesitate.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

buzzardroost

Promo code THP, for the Hunting Public show will get you some $ off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy

I downloaded the free app just so I could check boundary lines but after the free trial is up that goes away. I definitely won't pay for it. Just to check property lines. There is a point to me where technology ruins things and I will lump this right there with trail cameras. To each there own but one of the reasons I enjoy the woods is to get away from that crap. If I can't beat a critter on my own then maybe I don't deserve it.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

trkehunr93

It's a great app, has helped tremendously with property boundaries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrkimbrough

I think its great for searching for public land, the offgrid feature is really nice also but I could see if you a property you are familiar with it wouldn't be of any use.

SD_smith

It's pretty good for finding public land and staying in your boundaries. Plus knowing the landowners name ahead of time helps seal the deal for knocking on doors. The best feature is that you can save the maps and use them when you have no service. I moved out here to SD 2 years ago and didn't have a clue of where I was all the time or what roads I was on.

owlhoot

I got the one state option . Property boundaries are a big help. Not only public but also private. Lots of fences on private which are not for property boundaries but for cattle and field edges.
Getting permission around here is tough enough and you don't want miss out on timbered creek bottom that the farmer actually owns. Or getting on the neighbor which may end your hunting real quick.
The wind and weather feature is nice too.

Sir-diealot

I have not gotten a smart phone because I had no use for it where I live as there is poor reception and add to that my house has aluminum siding so that dampens reception as well and I live on the second floor. Now that I am getting a vehicle on the Rd. in April I am thinking I am going to look into getting a smart phone, does not have to be high end but I would like to check out this app and a couple others I have heard good things about from other hunters here and on Facebroke. I would only do the single state option though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Gobble!

Worth every penny especially when hunting areas your not completely familiar with.

silvestris

The Onx Topo map is not as friendly as the US topo. 
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

strutstopper

Get the camofire app. They have the OnX elite membership for $60 and the single state for $18 pretty regularly.

Bowguy

I get 3 states but it's limited in 2 of em. I get full access in 1. It is a good app