turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos Tube call

Started by LaLongbeard, February 09, 2019, 12:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaLongbeard

Probably not news but I see Primos is back selling  there tube calls with the snap on reeds. This is the same type reed Cuz Strickland uses.  The reeds snap on no adjustment or fumbling with rubber bands. I'm sticking with my old tube but for those that have a hard time adjusting there tube reeds this may be the thing.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Sir-diealot

Thanks for the post, may pick one up.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SCGobbler

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 09, 2019, 12:15:30 PM
Probably not news but I see Primos is back selling  there tube calls with the snap on reeds. This is the same type reed Cuz Strickland uses.  The reeds snap on no adjustment or fumbling with rubber bands. I'm sticking with my old tube but for those that have a hard time adjusting there tube reeds this may be the thing.
While I was digging around in one of my older turkey hunting boxes I found this. I need a few replacement Reeds for it and I'm good to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

mspaci

was gonna pick up one of these, but can you get replacements ? Mike

Jbird22

I bought one a few weeks ago. I have other tubes that I like much better.

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 10, 2019, 01:59:10 PM
Yea, I wondered how they'd sound seems like the reed would be to stiff? I do know there making the replacement reeds and they do fit the original tubes by Primos,  for those that like them.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Jbird22

Quote from: LaLongbeard on February 10, 2019, 02:47:57 PM
Quote from: Jbird22 on February 10, 2019, 01:59:10 PM
Yea, I wondered how they'd sound seems like the reed would be to stiff? I do know there making the replacement reeds and they do fit the original tubes by Primos,  for those that like them.
Reed isn't stiff at all. For me, the diameter of the lipstop is larger than I like.

silverspur

I have one of the ones (Primos) in green plastic and has work real well for me in the turkey woods.
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Terry

Could one just use a regular reed and O-ring in place of the Primos reed? Seems there would be an indentation where the reed snaps in that could hold a ring and reed like on a normal tube

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

mspaci

good question, Im gonna order one either way, just because tube calls are my thing. Probably have 25 of them, Mike

dswmsn

My Primos model 303 no longer made that probably dates back to the 90's. The reeds are tough and don't wear out fast since they are made of silicone rather than latex. I have one blue replacement reed too.

SCGobbler

I forgot about that one. I wonder where mine is?
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

wislnwings

I've got a couple of the older ones but I haven't seen the feeds for sale anywhere.  Anyone know where I can order some?

Terry

From the Primos website is the only place I know

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mspaci

So I go  few of these to fool with, its a raspy s.o.b. for sure, almost a bark. You do not need much air for it. I think cutting to locate is its strength. Mike