OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Good Shotgun Scope---What One___(INPUT PLEASE)

Started by gatrapper, February 11, 2011, 08:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Jayhawkeye

Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

mike103

Quote from: dpittman on February 16, 2011, 06:02:57 PM
something to consider very seriously is eye relief. Especially if you are shooting a pump. All the pumps have a reputation for kicking hard with turkey loads. A scope with 3-4 inches is just not enough. I have the 6" ER bushnell banner 1.75-4 and with a stout 3.5" it can still hit you in the head. For the money the bushnell seems to do OK considering the punishing recoil. It is the only scope I could find that had at least 5" ER. The only downside is the FOV is a little small but to be expected with the extended ER.

Great info. I bought a camo 870 turkey gun with the canterlever from a member here but never set it up.

Was worried about this issue with a traditional scope.

Any other low power scopes offered with 6" eye relief? 

chatterbox

I had a T/C Hawken hunter recoil proof scope on my 535 that had 6" of eye relief. The scope was a 1.5-6X32, and if I hadn't put the knoxx stock on my shotgun, I would probably still have that scope.
I changed to a mueller quick shot due to the unlimited FOV and unlimited eye relief. I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but from all I have seen on here, it's a great little sight.