turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hearing aids : Help me choose

Started by fdh54turkeyshooter, February 06, 2019, 09:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixbird

I used the Walkers Game ear for years until I bought regular hearing aides ($$$$).
The secret to the Game ear in tandem is to adjust the volume to each ear's hearing loss. The way I did it was put one in each ear, close my eyes and snap my fingers going from one side of my head to the other. They're adjusted properly when you can hear the position of your snapping fingers.
Up until I discovered this, I was lost concerning directional sound. After I figured it out, I could tell, pretty much as well as a hearing abled person, sound direction...It's WAY cheaper than regular hearing aides and it works pretty well...

Tom Threetoes

I wear the Starkys and couldn't hunt without them. I never worried about muzzle blast. Maybe I should!!

longspur

Quote from: Tom Threetoes on February 12, 2019, 05:20:21 PM
I wear the Starkys and couldn't hunt without them. I never worried about muzzle blast. Maybe I should!!

If they block the blast instead of amplifying it you can get by with hunting but make sure you protect your hearing when target practicing.

Mossyguy

I have one made by Resound. It was issued to me after I experienced hearing loss when I got injured in Afghanistan. I can obviously hear better now but I have a hard time determining direction. My dad and I usually hunt together...his eyesight is poor and my hearing is bad so we help each other out!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mossyguy on February 12, 2019, 05:55:15 PM
I have one made by Resound. It was issued to me after I experienced hearing loss when I got injured in Afghanistan. I can obviously hear better now but I have a hard time determining direction. My dad and I usually hunt together...his eyesight is poor and my hearing is bad so we help each other out!
Thank you for your service.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

land cruiser

Quote from: Woodhaven on February 10, 2019, 01:22:30 PM
Has anyone tried sport ear?
If I use in for the past five years, nothing but great things to say. However I have the custom model that does not include hearing enhancement. I did go to an audiologist and got molds made / ears tested.

Tom Threetoes

Quote from: longspur on February 12, 2019, 05:42:30 PM
Quote from: Tom Threetoes on February 12, 2019, 05:20:21 PM

If they block the blast instead of amplifying it you can get by with hunting but make sure you protect your hearing when target practicing.
I wear muffs when I target practice.