turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The last Aristocracy

Started by LaLongbeard, February 04, 2019, 11:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCL

I am probably in the 50 percent of the season category but that has increased every year to that level. When I was still working I took two weeks off every year and hunted most days depending on the weather, one year it rained the entire season. About 10 years ago I found a piece of private land to hunt but I did not want to wear out my welcome so I would only hunt it about 5 or 6 times a season. Then two tears ago I secured another piece of property to hunt so now I have more days and not worry about wearing out my welcome. I just located a couple more possible places which if I am successful at getting permission will increase my days. I am within a 10 minute drive of a huge tract of BLM land but in the Spring the horse people are present in large numbers so the prime areas are usually done by 8:00 AM.   

Gobble!

I should have mentioned through I hunt most days a week some of those hunts only last until 0830 or so.

tha bugman

Very blessed to be able to go every morning before work. 

Harty

I average about  12 days per season. Might go up this year as now retired

Ozarks Hillbilly

I am able to hunt every day before work in my home state of Missouri. Spring season is now 3 week's long and can only hunt until 13:00. 2 bird limit if you kill in the first week you have to wait until the second week to kill your second bird. My days afield very from season to season but I am out there as much as I can be. If I am tagged out I am still outside at first light with a coffee cup in hand rather than a shotgun. I love to hear the woods waking up in the spring.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk