turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 870 Longbeard 3”

Started by Whino83, January 23, 2019, 02:14:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whino83

Remington 870 with a Carlson LB choke and Longbeard 3" x 1 3/4 x #5's. Looks like I just need to aim a shade to the right and I'm in business. Not to bad for a $150 rainy day gun. 25 yards and 40 yards, 30 degrees and no wind. Same targets just flipped for better visibility.
Trust, but verify (Ronald Reagan)
Mathew 6:34  Proverbs 3:5-6

RailRoader

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

limbhanger777

nice pattern! Considering trying a Carlson's LB choke myself.

Kytomgetter

KyScott

edward.penny

That will do it.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

BigGare

Quote from: limbhanger777 on February 28, 2019, 01:49:59 PM
nice pattern! Considering trying a Carlson's LB choke myself.
I went from an idian creek in my 1187 to a lbxr choke and it definitely made the pattern a little more even put up about the same numbers probably a little better for $50 it's worth a shot

limbhanger777

Gen.27:3

Gen 27:3  Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me,

lowoctane

I think you got yer money's worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Vintage

Tom007

Very good. I have the Carson 660, and with long beard 5's, I got those same results in my 870. The right choke for the right gun....good luck.....
"Solo hunter"

BandedSpur

Quote from: Whino83 on January 23, 2019, 02:14:39 AM
Remington 870 with a Carlson LB choke and Longbeard 3" x 1 3/4 x #5's. Looks like I just need to aim a shade to the right and I'm in business. Not to bad for a $150 rainy day gun. 25 yards and 40 yards, 30 degrees and no wind. Same targets just flipped for better visibility.

Curious if you bought those LBs this year or are they older?

Tucker3474

Looks good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk