turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Interesting Conversation!

Started by guesswho, November 17, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggshell

Oh Gobblenut, I have to both agree and disagree with you old friend. There are tools that big and obnoxious I have run into them. I once had a man threaten to have me arrested on my family's own land (that one back fired big time). On the other hand if guesswho did respond as reported then he is a better man than me. I tend to react a little more abrasively to asshats.  What I have found is the further east you come the more conflict there is over land and thus more asshats. I Have been treated quite well in my travels out west, but have had some real problems back here in the East.

GobbleNut

Quote from: eggshell on November 22, 2018, 08:13:02 AM
Oh Gobblenut, I have to both agree and disagree with you old friend. There are tools that big and obnoxious I have run into them. I once had a man threaten to have me arrested on my family's own land (that one back fired big time). On the other hand if guesswho did respond as reported then he is a better man than me. I tend to react a little more abrasively to asshats.  What I have found is the further east you come the more conflict there is over land and thus more asshats. I Have been treated quite well in my travels out west, but have had some real problems back here in the East.

Just so there is no confusion, Dana/eggshell, we definitely have our share of A-Holes out here, too.  I have run into them occasionally,...just not near as many considering the amount of time I have spent out here as compared to "back there".  I agree completely that it is mostly a function of population density, competition for the resource, and the ratio of public to private lands.

I am more surprised at Ronnie's/guesswho's response to the guy than I am the guy himself.  Of course, that just reinforces why Ronnie is so well-liked and respected on these forums.  Heck, with story's like this one, I am even beginning to think he is "OK".   ;D :toothy9:

guesswho

I get concerned when Gobblenut starts to think I may be ok.  I've seen pictures of what he does to dead turkeys. :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

RutnNStrutn

I would tell him;
#1 - Don't park on my road, and block the access to my property or next time I'll have his vehicle towed.
#2 - If you don't want to hear me, don't hunt so close to my property!! Surely on 3,500 acres of land, the best spot can't be 20 yards from my property line, and 150 yards from my house.
#3 - You can obviously hunt there if you'd like to, but occasionally you're going to have to put up with me making noise.
Then I'd say, have a nice day and walk away.  ;D

Once I found out that his stand was on my property, that would cross the line (no pun intended). That means he either intentionally hunted your land, or wasn't careful and considerate enough to identify property lines. I'd be glad he was gone.

greencop01

I would say what is wrong w/ this gentleman is what's wrong w/ most of us. He thinks of himself much too much. The good Lord says to think of others more highly than you do yourself. You exemplified this with your dealings w/ him. The Good Book also says to not suffer fools, which you also show. It should be explained to him that if he acts as a fool he should be tolerant of the circumstances or find another place to erect his stand, or find out why the deer like your place so much....... 8)
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

guesswho

Well I got my gate put back up this morning without any confrontations.  No sign of the fellow.  I haven't talked to the land owner anymore so I don't know if he let the man back in or not.  I did have some good pictures and videos from there this morning.   

BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

wvmntnhick

Just catching this. I've got a guy that hunts right on the edge of 140 piece of ground that I'm allowed to hunt. His ladder stand is literally in a tree that the fence is nailed to. Last fall, knowing he's shooting deer out of the field on my side of the line, I placed a ground blind right under his stand on my side. Only hunted it when he was there. He asked me what my deal was and I told him that fence line was the best location for the blind much like his stand. It allowed me to keep an eye on my field and his alike.

This year, no ladder stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggshell

Good pics. In a couple years those will be good shooters, after they put on some more mass.

Actually just messing with you, they are nice bucks.  I probably would pass them if I deer hunted, but they are fine bucks. I haven't deer hunted in 20+ years. When conflicts like yours became common it spoiled it for me. That was about the time that trophy hunting became more prevalent. when it became more about the antlers than the hunt I got out. We're not that fond of the meat anymore. I do like the summer sausage, but the guys who deer hunt my property deliver it to my door. 

guesswho

Oh yeah, they're safe from me.   I figure all three of them will be long gone by the time I decide to go deer hunting again.   
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

turkaholic

When someone gets to close they need a surprise pile. Eat some prunes and go for a walk. It's like putting a man on stand.
live to hunt hunt to live

Gobble!

Quote from: SinGin on November 17, 2018, 09:23:42 PM
Next Saturday, daytime firework display.

HAHA. Guy sounds like a real loser.

Gobble!

Quote from: guesswho on November 19, 2018, 02:24:28 PM
Yes, he was on my road and more or less had me blocked, although I did manage to get around him.

This just got better. The guy complained to the land owner who I've known for over 30 years. The land owner called me and apologized for the way the man handled things. He said he went with the guy to his stand with him the same way he goes when he hunts to see what the fuss was about. The landowner told me the guys stand isn't just off the property line, it's actually on my side by about 10 feet. He told the guy to get his stuff and to not come back and that he would be getting his money back. I told the landowner that him being just over the line was no big deal, That I was just disappointed in the guys attitude. I also asked the landowner to inform the guy that I have asked him not to kick him out. Maybe hunt other stands on weekends if me tending to my property bothers him. I hate to see the guy lose a good place to hunt because of one sour conversation. I don't know if the land owner will tell him or not. The landowner did say the guy is a tool.

Sounds like acting like a clown really cost him. Good to hear.

guesswho

Yep, he's gone.  Talked to the landowner this past weekend.  He said good riddance.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Gobble!

To be that brazen on land that you don't even own is mind blowing. Guess he never thought two land owners with bordering properties would know each other  :bike2:

Sir-diealot

Glad to hear he is gone, sounds like things would have only gotten worse.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."