turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Paul Platz Pots

Started by bbcoach, July 24, 2018, 07:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

I've been watching for the last couple weeks as people are trying to fetch upwards of $400 for Platz's Pots.  Paul is still making calls but there is a waiting list of about a year.  How can a $100 pot be worth $300-$400?  This isn't a BASH the guys that are putting these pots up for sale thread, it is a SIMPLE question.  Beautiful, ALL turkey calls but.....  Educate the rest of us Please.  NO BASHING PLEASE.   

West Augusta

Supply and demand. Simple.
Paul makes an excellent pot call but can't make very many due to the fact that he has a life.  There are many that make pots comparable to Paul's for sure.  Some maybe even better.  But they make more.  Paul doesn't sell his calls for $300-$400 or more.  Last I bought was on par with any other top tier call.  Those that are selling for those higher prices are taking advantage of the lack of supply and high demand.
Other examples
Neil Cost box calls
Clint Corder pot calls
Frank Cox trumpets
Frank Kruer copper pot calls.
It comes down to how badly do you want the call a need how much will you pay?
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Happy

It's pretty simple. The calls got talked up by some people and they are now the "must have" call. Some don't have the patience to wait but do have the cash so they buy them  at the marked up price. Value is subjective so I guess if someone is willing to pay the price then that's what most will try to sell them for. I believe most of it is that it's just the hot item of the moment. Not saying they aren't good calls as i have never played one and once again value is subjective. They are in demand and some people feel that the have to have them right now. That's my take on it anyways.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Crghss

The true value of something is what another man is willing to pay for it.

To each his own....
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Roost 1

Ive been waiting over 3yrs for one of Paul's calls.

Spitten and drummen

Most know Paul is not taking anymore orders and may never have a list again. If you want one , you will pay it. On top of that , he has turned very very few in the last 2 years. When i say a few , i mean single digits. Im lucky in the fact i own 7 and got on his list before he stopped taking orders for 3 more. It very well could be that 400 now is less than what you could sell one 5 years from now. Frank cox makes a heck of a trumpet with around a year and a half wait and you can see people pay 1500 to 2 grand . Especially since his ivory is gone and he does not know if he will ever get anymore. Some of us love collecting calls as much as hunting.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE