News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Pinhoti Project

Started by crenshawco, June 21, 2018, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurs Up

Quote from: TauntoHawk on July 16, 2018, 04:59:36 PM
Never thought of using garbage bags to cross creeks.. I've done the sock and shoeless method but on frost covered mornings it takes some doing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I haven't either. And after seeing that, I probably won't again.

Appreciate them keeping it real. Those ole accessible national forest turkeys in Alabama ain't suicidal, are they?

2INCHHOOKS

Quote from: WiLL B on July 12, 2018, 11:01:50 PM
Keep em coming Cove! And by the way Squirrel you can yelp too!

Thanks Will .. nothing compared to Chubbs or Dave..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daggerz

Chubs nailed it... so many turkey hunters pressure early season birds, when they aren't ready. Enjoyed the video, Dave. The garbage bag trick brings back memories...ha

jryser

Quote from: Daggerz on July 16, 2018, 10:46:58 PM
Chubs nailed it... so many turkey hunters pressure early season birds, when they aren't ready. Enjoyed the video, Dave. The garbage bag trick brings back memories...ha
Me too. Used "steel strength" garbage bags that ripped immediately and man did I get blistered. But I was turkey hunting!!!

WiLL B

I've used one on each leg, worked good. Lol at him trying to duck walk across in one bag. Keep em coming Cove! Good stuff!

Cove

Never thought of using garbage bags to cross creeks.. I've done the sock and shoeless method but on frost covered mornings it takes some doing

Been using bags for years, Contractor bags are a must- if you couldn't tell.  :toothy9:

It's tough to not pressure them too much when the season's in. . . but taking inventory is the right move at that time of the season, in that area anyway.

PharmHunter

Really been enjoying all them fellas.  It's been said a lot but can't be overstated I don't believe...Great stuff that shows what Real turkey hunting is.  Look forward to the next hunt  :icon_thumright:

Cove

Thanks guys!

We finally get to burn some powder on the next couple!  :icon_thumright:

Daggerz

It's tough to not pressure them too much when the season's in. . . but taking inventory is the right move at that time of the season, in that area anyway.
[/quote]

That's right!

TauntoHawk

Somewhere I have pictures of doing the barefoot dash across a creek where you can clearly still see snow banks on the north slope of the hill behind me on an opening day in upstate NY I believe it was 29 that morning but I had a tag and there was 7 birds gobbling on the otherside. The wade back was easier cuz I was about 21lbs heavier

Wish I had thought of the contractor bags that morning, refuse to wear rubber boots especially in the mountains
Quote from: Cove on July 17, 2018, 10:33:23 AM

Been using bags for years, Contractor bags are a must- if you couldn't tell.  :toothy9:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Daggerz

Cove

Quote from: Daggerz on July 18, 2018, 09:55:42 PM
Bump for 11

Yep! Day 11 is up and it's a special day!  :funnyturkey:

aclawrence

That was some quick action there at the end!

WiLL B

uarobert

Watching day 12. Great stuff, guys!