News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Some pretty good recipes I found for wild turkey

Started by MadisonMan, June 06, 2018, 01:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadisonMan

RED NECK

I found a youtube video a few weeks back from northwest spur chaser and watched it,It had my mouth watering watching him prepare some wild turkey poppers and wild turkey chili,I made up some of the wild turkey poppers for last weekend and had a few good friends at camp,I changed the recipe up a bit as I diced up jalapeno peppers and put them in the herb n garlic creme cheese,I marinated the turkey in teriyaki overnight and basted the poppers while I BBQ'd them,they turned out fantastic,there was 5 of us at camp and everybody was impressed.

Tonight,I am preparing a crock pot full of wild turkey chili,I added a few ingredients of my own but followed his recipe as well,this chili is for the weekend coming,just need to pre make it.I plan on topping it with sour cream and shredded jalapeno cheddar to go with fresh buns and salad on Saturday evening.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

RED NECK

tomstopper

Looks good

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

wchadw

What do y'all do with legs? Crock pot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: wchadw on May 01, 2019, 10:10:50 PM
What do y'all do with legs? Crock pot?

I  pressure cook them in an Insta Pot, pull all the meat off bones and tendons. Then a quick run in a food processor to reduce the size of the chunks. Add mayo, pickle relish and spicy mustard and you have some very good turkey salad/sandwich spread.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

TRG3

My wife make a tasty turkey pot pie from half the breast meat while the other half goes to the landowner who let me hunt. I crock pot the legs, remove the tendons, and add it to veggie soup. The wing feathers are saved for making vanes for arrows for my long bow and the tail is dried in the strutter position for use in next year's turkey hunting. The wing bones are utilized for making yelpers, a call that I've yet to master even though I've watched those YouTube videos over and over.

RED NECK

I will be having the turkey chili Saturday evening as I have a good friend coming up to camp with his wife,there will be 6 of us.I am also planning on salad and homemade cheese buns( I buy them,not make them) for dinner.I kept the chili mild as our fathers are 63 and 64 years old now and can only eat mild,while my good friend and I like our chili really hot.I have some different hot sauces to test out in our own bowls of the chili. The weather is finally going to be nice,It has been cold,rainy and miserable the first week of our season.

I have had a great start to my season as I killed a big heavy Tom and have had lots of birds and probably could have tagged out but decided to not fire at another bird as he was borderline for me.I am hoping the rest get on birds this weekend and have fun.I am already planning on ,my next "turkey" feast.

Dtrkyman

I like making Schnitzel!

dublelung

Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 03, 2019, 06:32:56 PM
I like making Schnitzel!

I had to look that up but it looks real good. I'll have to give it a try.

Dtrkyman

Quote from: dublelung on May 06, 2019, 05:23:08 PM
Quote from: Dtrkyman on May 03, 2019, 06:32:56 PM
I like making Schnitzel!

I had to look that up but it looks real good. I'll have to give it a try.
It's good!!!

RED NECK

This weekend I am having family up for a few days on the long weekend,I am preparing some wild turkey shish kabobs along with the wild turkey poppers that went over very well with friends a few weeks  back.

btomlin

Half a breast boiled then shred.  Mix into a batch of homemade egg noodles and broth.  Turkey and noodles over mashed potatoes......so many carbs you are useless for a while.

RED NECK

Turkey nuggets-

I took a fresh Tommy three toes from 836 am this morning and cubed his breasts( I love Breasts,who doesn't! I like bigger ones)

-marinated the cubed pieces in milk and a bit of Budweiser Copper Lager Beer
-Used Buttermilk Pancake batter and Franks Red hot dry rub and mixed it together.
-Battered the Turkey breast in the batter and then deep fried!

Outstanding,Almost as good as the last day hunt this morning/The season is over and It could not have ended in a better way this morning!

I usually hunt with my father 99% of the time.Most of the time we are not "together" hunting but today we we'r and I ended my season with this bird.I love Turkey hunting but Damn I love my Father as he insisted I take the shot.Thank you for everything always Dad!