turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Southwestern PA

Started by Shiloh, May 19, 2018, 06:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiloh

I hunted SW PA the second week for a few days and wasn't able to get it done.  There were plenty of birds.  Thinking about heading back up on Wednesday.  Any reason not to???

Fullfan

They are on fire in NW/PA we have killed 3 studs in the last 5 days. 1 1/2, 1/3/8 and 1 1/4 spurs. Next week will be the week.
Don't gobble at me...

pabossie255

Yep killed both of mine tagged out my buddy got a nice one also and seen many more.

Yoder409

Get on those birds NOW !!!!!!  They're committing suicide right now.

Killed one this morning that's given me fits for a couple years.  Killed him at 6:10 as he came trailing his 4 hens like a lost puppy............   1 3/8" spurs (he hung from them) and an 11" whisker.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TauntoHawk

North east is hitting prime I'd come back for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

WildSpur

It's been a long 2 weeks.   Wish I was still out there. 

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

yelpy

Nope except for there aren't any turkeys in PA. LOL!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Shiloh

Thanks guys!!  Bringing the wife and 3 kids along.  Should be an adventure!!

Caspar

I hunt in sw Pa and this has been the worst year ever. i hunt public land mountain areas and the birds just arent there like they usually are. ive hunted twice as hard, walked twice as far and have got up alot earlier than in previous years only to come up empty handed. i normally call in at least a dozen birds a year. this year ive only called in one and i screwed it up. it was a really windy day and he was alot closer than i thought and i spooked him. he hasnt gobbled since. i sure hope you have better luck than im having

Brian Fahs

I hunted the second and third days of the season and tagged out on 2 monsters on public land.
This is southwestern pa. No shortage of birds.

Shiloh

Well..... I gave it my best, but it really felt like summer and the birds were done.  I'll be back first week next year for revenge!!

Fullfan

Watched two more die last week. Both came gobbling hard, tough to see with all the foliage and both were shot less than 20 yds.  Good luck.
Don't gobble at me...

Yoder409

Fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

I'm taking my little guy out tomorrow.  I feel like we have a decent chance.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

yelpy

Quote from: Yoder409 on May 27, 2018, 11:11:36 AM
Fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

I'm taking my little guy out tomorrow.  I feel like we have a decent chance.
Get after them. Hens are busy with their nests. If you strike a gobble odds are in your favor.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

crow

Had a nice one mid morning on Friday that gobbled right in to the gun, public SW Pa. ground, if you have time to go, get after them