turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recoil - facts and fiction?

Started by 2eagles, May 16, 2018, 08:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrowningGuy88

Recoil doesn't stop me from shooting what I want at a turkey. However, if I was shooting a gun for recoil reduction it would be a 6.5 plus pound gas operated automatic 20 gauge.

To me, with 3" turkey loads I don't notice a lot of difference in a 12 and a 20 - especially if the 12 is an adult gun and the 20 a youth.

JonD.

I used to hunt with an old Stevens single shot 12ga. with a 32" barrel full choke. There is not a gun made that kicked harder than that old gun. It was bad. I did take several turkeys with it though.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

Tail Feathers

Quote from: BrowningGuy88 on May 17, 2018, 04:04:08 PM
Recoil doesn't stop me from shooting what I want at a turkey. However, if I was shooting a gun for recoil reduction it would be a 6.5 plus pound gas operated automatic 20 gauge.

To me, with 3" turkey loads I don't notice a lot of difference in a 12 and a 20 - especially if the 12 is an adult gun and the 20 a youth.
I sure notice a difference.  I shoot a 20 ga CVA single shot and a 20 ga SX3.  Neither is a recoil monster but the SX3 is a soft shooter even with the heavy 7 turkey load.
I came from an 835 which killed at both ends tho. :P

Love to hunt the King of Spring!