OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The crazy things turkeys will eat

Started by JMalin, May 09, 2018, 08:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

All of a sudden... I'm not hungry.

Wow!

TauntoHawk

That's incredible how did that not tear him up on the way down

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dublelung

That's a cool find. I killed one about a minute after he hit the ground one morning and he had a single (much smaller than your pictured) lizard in him. He had to have swallowed it from the limb. I also killed one with a large snail/shell inside. I'm sure they eat all kinds of crazy things but it's cool to see it  confirmed.

akp

Watched a youtube Primos tip video.  He mentioned in the video that he talked to a guy one time that found a swim bait/jerk bait/spinner bait... Can't remember but it was a big bait.  That poor little horny toad couldn't have been easy to swallow. 

catman529

Well dang, that's a first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LaLongbeard

Surprised he had any room left looked like he was topped out on corn lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

tha bugman

Amazing!  I killed a gobbler that had a moth cocoon in it.  Genus Pinus The interesting fact was that it was close to emerging as an adult so I went back to the lab, carefully removed it from the cocoon (yes, visions of The Silence Of The Lambs did cross my mind).  I was able to spread the moth's wings, allow it to dry, pin it, label it, and place it in our state's entomological museum collection!  I seem to remember unscientifically labeling the location the insect was collected as "turkey crop".   ;D

zelmo1

Not a surprise here. I saw a hen snatch up a frog up north here once.  :funnyturkey:

roverboy

Woah! I knew they would eat some strange things. I've heard of them eating shell casings.
Listen for the gobble

mightyjoeyoung

I've seen them eat mice, newts, small snakes and once watched one scratch around a rotted log, kick open a mouse nest, eat the adult and then...gobble up the babies.  Watched a hen and her poults work order my back yard after a rain one morning picking nightcrawlers like pros.  Funny thing too.  She'd scare off every Robin that tried to eat HER worms. Lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tha bugman

Does anyone remember the picture that was made in the 1990's of the frog buzzbait that someone said that they found in a turkey's crop?  I am still scratching my head on that one.   ??? ??? ???

dutch@fx4

Afternoon killed birds will have a full craw.with all kinds if stuff in them. We see a lot of snail shells and acorns were we live

tomstopper

One I shot this morning was filled with wild rasberries. Dang things will eat anything apparently...lol

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Tomstopper522

roverboy

Well once it gets in their craw, the small rocks and gravel they eat will eventually grind it down. I wonder about metal objects though.
Listen for the gobble