OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

NEW "Stumpy" - Ceramic by Chad Hutcheson REVIEW

Started by SteelerFan, May 04, 2018, 08:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelerFan

Another winning combo from Chad. This is quartersawn sycamore (which looks pretty cool, once you really look), and easily rivals the walnut ceramic - this might even have an edge. I don't often double-down on calls, but these ceramics are the exception.

Chad is a great guy to deal with, and stands behind his work 100%.

I'll try to get a soundbite next decent day out.

Update / REVIEW:

Chad's Quartersawn Sycamore Ceramic is a new combo that easily rivals his walnut pot. It has a great full-body sound that really makes it shine. It sounds turkey. Like "Outdoors" said, ceramic calls have come a long way.

Chad's calls play well across the entire surface - making them very user friendly. You can condition a small area with a stone, or just run it anywhere. You can get several tones or pitches out of the call, and add as much or as little high front that you like. The call also plays equally well when playing soft.

I was never a real fan of blonde woods, but like "Happy hooker" said, Chad could make it out of plywood or a 2x4 from Home Depot and I wouldn't really care.

Is it the best? Nope... THAT call doesn't exist. Is it as good as it gets? I think so. You can only stuff so many feathers in a call to make it sound turkey - and any more in this one and it would be on a nest right now...

https://youtu.be/1Tn9ai3pyIo

outdoors

Really sharp looking call . . . .
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

JLH

I bet when it's in the sunlight, it really comes to life.

Nice looking call!

model94

Chad's calls are awesome. I have his Cermanic in a Maple Pot.

Chris O

Happy hooker

The stumpy ceramic sounds fantastic,,probably in plywood too if he made it.

1iagobblergetter

I just received one in a Walnut pot that plays great. I like a call that plays great anywhere and it does. I can easily get a couple different hens out of it.

outdoors

I remember when about ceramics first came out
Compared to the last few years
There's been a great improvement............
BECOMING A GREAT CALL TO HAVE

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

SteelerFan

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 05, 2018, 01:23:25 PM
I just received one in a Walnut pot that plays great. I like a call that plays great anywhere and it does. I can easily get a couple different hens out of it.

It's kinda crazy how good it sounds all over. Including dead center!

stumpy

Thanks guys I am glad u guys like the calls been getting a lot of confirmed kills with them lately
Hope y'all pile them um like cord wood
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

outdoors

THANKS CHAD I APPRECIATE THIS GREAT SOUNDING
CALL  AND EVERYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE DONE TO KEEP THE SPORT OF TURKEY HUNTING AND CALL SUPPLIES YOU HAVE TO OFFER  GOING   :cross2:

Sir-diealot

I am yet to try ceramic other than on a old Quaker Boy Triplex I have, how does it compare to slate or crystal for sound? Never heard on in a full pot, just my Triplex. Nice looking call by the way.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

stumpy

It is a old raspy nasty hen on the tail en and a good high front end but not to high and turkeys seem to love the sound, the first one I made called up a pile of birds u could haul off in three full-size pickups and built myself another one and it is following suit, there is a sound file on the forum steelerfan posted a couple of weeks ago of a walnut ceramic if not mistaken
Happy Hunting
Thanks
Chad
AKA- Stumpy

Chad Hutcheson
Po box 55477
McRae Ga

Sir-diealot

Quote from: stumpy on May 05, 2018, 03:27:36 PM
It is a old raspy nasty hen on the tail en and a good high front end but not to high and turkeys seem to love the sound, the first one I made called up a pile of birds u could haul off in three full-size pickups and built myself another one and it is following suit, there is a sound file on the forum steelerfan posted a couple of weeks ago of a walnut ceramic if not mistaken
Sounds interesting.  I will go look for that one from Steelerfan now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SteelerFan