OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Sir-diealot got me thinking. How did you pick your screen name

Started by Coroner01, April 27, 2018, 07:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coroner01

When I saw that nice guys post on how he got his name, now Im curious....why did you pick the screen name you have, and what other cool names do you have on other forums.  I look for great forums to join, so you could list those too.  Mine is really obvious.  I am a Deputy Coroner in a large county in Illinois, and its not Cook.  We have been really busy with all this heroin, fentanyl and synthetic rat poison laced cannabis lately.  Really sad these folks didn't get into hunting, and not drug use.   al

Happy

I spent 16 years working all over the country. Mainly the east coast but as far away as New Mexico at times. Being married and a father it was hard for me and hard for my wife but we stuck through it and she was a champ about it all. Right before I joined the forum I got promoted to management and am now home with my wife and kids most days. I am able to be more involved in their lives and activities.
That made me "Happy".

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dejake

I was brand new to the site, and I'm from Delaware, hence "dejake".

davisd9

My old college email. Wish I had been more creative now, but I have the same username on all the forums I frequent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

Because the spit and drum is my most favorite sound in the world with the gobble a close second.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

oakraidia

I'm an Oakland Raiders fan from Iowa. Not too interesting, it's just the best I could come up with. In some other forums I've condensed it to "oak".

GobbleNut

Years ago, on the first couple of forums I joined, I was Gobblerman, but after some reflection, I decided I wanted to have a name that more represented my fascination with turkey hunting.  To me, turkey hunting is all about the "Gobble", and I am admittedly somewhat of a "Nut" about wanting to hear those gobblers sound off,....hence the name "GobbleNut". 
...And NO, there is no other connotation of that name that is applicable! (just to clarify that for certain individuals around here)  ;D ;D :newmascot:

TauntoHawk

In high school my hunting buddy wasnt very sure footed in the woods and was always tripping over something making noise. He'd always tell me I had to be part Indian with how I picked my way through the woods and one day he just started calling me taunto and later tauntohawk and I used it over on archery talk and it just stuck as my forum name.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hotspur

Where I was raised there is alot of pirate lore.and I a turkey hunting fanatic, HOTSPUR is the name of an old pirate ship

guesswho

Mine goes back to the old U.S. Hunting forum days.  A lot of friends had joined and I just went with Guesswho to see how long it would take someone to figure out it was me.   Didn't take long :TooFunny:

Aka known as Six or Olesixbeards due to the number of turkeys I've killed (6).  Was hoping to change my name to seven this year, but I guess there's always next year.

The real story on Gobblenut is they gave him that name at the old folks home.  He was shy at first and wouldn't talk to people, especially old women.   He would just walk around and gobble at them.   They just referred to him as that Gobbling Nut in 3A.   When he earned computer privileges he joined some forums and just shortened it to Gobblenut.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

tha bugman

I was born with 6 legs and 3 body parts :z-guntootsmiley: :TooFunny: Actual name goes way back, but I will keep that part of my history stored up to be reminisced by a warm fire and mysterious brown liquids.

wade

Wade is the name my momma gave me. I've used more creative names on other forums. Not sure why I just went with wade here.
Do it outdoors

Bowguy

I have many passions. Turkey, ducks, hounds, bird dogs, etc, etc but I've been shooting a bow since 1970. I am an archery instructor, hunter ed instructor teaching the archery courses mainly. The bow is my oldest passion next to fishing. Comes between something w scales and something feathered or furred, I'm going hunting. I do like bowfishing though!!
Bowguy it was. Turkeys are prob my next longest passion at early 80s.

Dr Juice

I was named Dr Juice by my family because of the different 'juices' (adult beverages) I doctor up. Cheers ????

kjnengr

kjnengr - kjn (Cajun) engr (Engineer).  I'm from South Louisiana and I'm a Mechanical Engineer. 

I created a Gmail account and wanted a name with letters that kinda made a word instead of a more conventional word with a bunch of numbers or characters to make it unique.