Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Everyone hunting yet? Hows it going?

Started by Gobble!, April 23, 2018, 03:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy

I am supposed to be on vacation but as the girls at my office have told me. I am the worst vacationer ever. I have been out every morning though and haven't heard a gobble since monday. So tomorrow is a change in scenery before I head to work again. Hopefully I at least hear one.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

West Augusta

Not good at all.  Big problems at work.  14 hours minimum for the last week.  17 yesterday.  Was supposed to be on vacation last week.  Bought Ohio license but may not get to use it.  I'm beat and no end in sight at work.  Got to go back in at 6 pm tonight.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Happy

Quote from: West Augusta on May 05, 2018, 02:26:06 PM
Not good at all.  Big problems at work.  14 hours minimum for the last week.  17 yesterday.  Was supposed to be on vacation last week.  Bought Ohio license but may not get to use it.  I'm beat and no end in sight at work.  Got to go back in at 6 pm tonight.
Sorry to hear that Steve. I hope you aren't salary. Hope it ends for you soon and can get get back to the woods.

Gobble!

Yeah that doesn't sound like much fun. Good thing you made the most out of the time you had in the woods.

West Augusta

Quote from: Happy on May 05, 2018, 07:12:42 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on May 05, 2018, 02:26:06 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve. I hope you aren't salary. Hope it ends for you soon and can get get back to the woods.
I am salary.  An Electrical Engineer but do get some overtime or comp time.  Problem with comp time is my turkey hunting season is almost over.   That's when I need it.   I need to retire.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Gobble!

Well seasons got a bit better. Seen 5 die and 2 missed so far. Been working on my second tag this week. Yesterday got on a bird gobbling on the roost but went silent when his feet hit the ground. Went to where I thought he would go but never saw him. Had to leave for work at 9. Hunted day light till noon today and walked 7 miles. Only found one bird who gobbled 5 times. He was with a hen and I got close enough to get 5 courtesy gobbles out of him. They were 120 yards into private or I may have been able to do something. I tried mimicking her in hopes she would come my way but she wasn't interested. Trying to come with a game plan for tomorrow. May pack some decoys and head after the bird who didn't gobble when he hit the ground.

Happy

Not sure I am going to get out much more. I got slammed at work so unless something gives it's gonna be weekends and maybe an evening here or there.

jryser

Tagged out in 3 states, just gotta get my mom on a bird this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk