News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Binocular question

Started by Grey Owl, April 18, 2018, 06:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rapscallion Vermilion

MK M GOBL

I have a few pairs for various uses, for turkey I have a set of Swarovski 10x32 SLC's. For bigger game I have Swaro's in the 8.5x42 EL's and my truck pair are Alaskan Guide 8x42's. I would say buy the best of what you can.

MK M GOBL

ezmorningrebel

Quote from: hobbes on April 18, 2018, 05:52:54 PM
Quote from: ezmorningrebel on April 18, 2018, 11:16:46 AM
i caught a sale from cabelas on a pair of vortex viper hd 8x32s and have been really happy with them.

Ive used 10s for as long as I can remember but my wife bought me these locally for christmas because that's all they had and knowing someone got her a 45ish% discount.  I couldnt take them back and get same deal on 10s, so Im hoping that Im happy with 8s.

I've owned 10x42, 8x42, and 8x32 and for eastern woods hunting by far prefer the compact size and steadiness of the 8x32s. 

bman940

Nikon's MONARCH 7 8x32 bino's are my go to bino's for turkey hunting. Light around the neck and easily tuck inside my jacket for when I'm using my crossbow. Great clarity and price. +1

howl

Your eyes are part of the optical system. You have to look through them to see for yourself. Also part of the system are your arms and hands. Level of magnification you can handle depends in part on how steady you are. I get as much use out of 8x as 10x, because I can't hold the 10x steadily enough to see the extra detail.

Best buy I had lately was Leupold Mojave when Cabela's was selling them for $280 and I stacked some discounts. At normal prices I would look at Nikon Monarch 7.

dutch@fx4

I use a set of Burris 8 x42. Thy work fine for what I need

Grey Owl

I appreciate the responses. Thank you

compton30

I run Vortex optics. For the price, quality, and top of the line customer service, you can't beat them. Regardless of brand, buy the best you can.

As for magnification, it's going to be easier to freehand a pair of 8x binos over a pair of 10s. So if you live east of the Mississippi river, a pair of 8x42's is probably all you need. You really don't realize how much your hands and arms are shaking until you put a pair of binos on a tripod. Good luck!

Gooserbat

For the money vortex diamondbacks are hard to beat
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.