Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

KY Opener

Started by Roost 1, April 13, 2018, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Well tomor it is....Gonna be an emotional day for me so you guys keep me in your prayers. One of my very best friends and hunting buddies found out last Dec that he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. This guy and myself have traveled the country over turkey hunting, worked together for 25yrs, and basically grew up together since we met at the age of 22. Well I promised him I would do my best to make sure he had not been on his last turkey hunt, if his health would allow him to go. Well God has blessed him enough to this point that he feels like going tomor although the weather is gonna be terrible calling for 3-5" of rain and 25-30mph winds. He had told me earlier in the week that there was no way he could walk very far so I have set up a blind and plan on driving him right to it well before daylight in the morning. Not sure if we will have any luck but I'm gonna enjoy spending time with him either way. I haven't seen him any since mom had her accident in Feb although we have talk and text some. I got a feeling this will be a hunt I'll look back on in the years to come. As usual all thoughts and prayers are appreciated!!

sasquatch1

Good luck to y'all and hope Everything ends up ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddog3355

Hope you get to spend some quality time with your hunting buddy. Might be a season to take it easy and talk about the good times you all have had.

whiskey

Almost killed my truck on the KY opener...

Better weather in the forecast later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

vicksburg

Hope yall had some luck. This weather around here has been CRAZY!
]

Roost 1

No luck on the opener but we are gonna try again in the morning.