OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boots Piching Toes--How to fix?

Started by gatrapper, April 07, 2018, 08:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Hey Y'all,

I've had a pair of Danner Pronghorn snake boots for at least 6 years. The right boot doesn't seem wide enough where my toes are and it squeezes them together.  Is there a way that I can widen that area of the boot so I can get some relief?
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

crow

I would say a good sharp pair of tinsnips would work, and you would only lose about 10% of your snake proof protection.

1iagobblergetter

I know some shoe stores are able to stretch them when you buy if they don't fit quite right.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

WNCTracker

Have they always been a problem?  If not, have you gained weight?  Sounds like it could be that your right arch could be collapsing too much causing your forefoot to expand...just a possibility from a PT who has made foot orthotics and had boots "surgically" modified by the best around :-)

Again, if so, have your legs measured...your left could be shorter...food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatrapper

WNCTracker--yes, the right boot has always pinched. I actually stopped wearing them for the past 2 years due to the discomfort. I really love the boots, but the pinching its unbearable.

I'll see if there is a local boot guy who can stretch them.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

suburbhunter

Try a different insole. I just bought a new pair of boots that I thought I had the right fit. They ended up being cut a little too narrow so I put an old pair of insoles in, I believe tennis shoe insoles, and now they fit just right.

dutch@fx4

Shove a baseball into the toe off the boot and set them in the heat vent.big foot soft ball small foot hard ball.womans foot tennis ball....lol. this will help.

dublelung

Take a very sharp knife and cut either your middle toe or the one beside it off at the 2nd knuckle. This will allow your other toes to move inward and there should be plenty of room for them. It'll take a little time to heal but it won't take six years.   ;-)

potter

I had that problem deer hunting last year, bought a pair 50 percent off but a size to small, I ended up getting an en grown toenail. And gave the boots away.

MickT

The only fix I know of is wider boots. Stretching will probably wreck the waterproof bootie too. Foot comfort is the most important part in the terrain I'm usually hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCbowjunkie

gatrapper, I used to have the same problem but as you can see I don't have it any more ,lol. And no I didn't take doublelungs advise. Now the only problem I have is getting to a flopping bird as quick as I used to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KentuckyLB

Bowjunkie I bet its hard to wear flip flops ..

CDNduckslayer

Quote from: KentuckyLB on April 09, 2018, 02:19:01 PM
Bowjunkie I bet its hard to wear flip flops ..

Just the thong style of flip flops...................lol

NCbowjunkie

Yep ,flip flops went out the window. Only sandels now . I can only count to 19 now, I tried to get the dr to let me have my toe and I was going to carry in pocket like rabbits foot,lol. Some of my friends used to call me Chief, now it is Chief 9 toe