OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does anyone just own shotguns?

Started by NYshotgunner, April 06, 2018, 05:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYshotgunner

Maybe a silly question from an old man............but does anyone just own shotguns, no rifles. I find I only hunt turkey and a bit of duck hunting, have no further need to own a rifle.
"Don't go pokin' at it, don't over think it"
NRA Life Member, Veteran

stinkpickle

No, but I definitely own more shotguns than any other type of firearm...by far.

Bowguy

God forbid!! If I never hunted w rifles again I'd still shoot em

Sir-diealot

Quote from: NYshotgunner on April 06, 2018, 05:52:24 PM
I must have missed that one about kids and guns.
I was just looking for it now and I think it is possible that I misunderstood something but I will keep looking.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

pabossie255

Nope I hunt deer and bear crossbow and Browning A bolt Medallion 7 mm Mag.

captpete

I have 1 rifle, a Ruger 10/22 and 6 shotguns.

joey46

Might be a good idea for everyone on open forums to not list what firearms they currently own.  Probably too late for the 2020 Census but would not be surprised to see some firearm ownership questions in future years.  We will see.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: joey46 on April 06, 2018, 08:38:20 PM
Might be a good idea for everyone on open forums to not list what firearms they currently own.  Probably too late for the 2020 Census but would not be surprised to see some firearm ownership questions in future years.  We will see.
Good point
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

MK M GOBL

Nope, I have a good mix of Shotguns, rifles, handguns and bows. Use them all, shoot them all :)

MK M GOBL

deerpoo22

1 rifle, 2 shotguns, 4 big bore handguns, and a bow.

Spitten and drummen

I have a safe with 29 long guns in it. The majority are rifles. I have 3 dedicated turkey guns . 2 20gauges and a 12.  5 ARs and a few long range custom built rifles. An assortment of 17s , 22's and 22 mags. 2 all purpose shotguns and a handful of reg hunting rifles.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RED NECK

No,I have 36 guns in total and 11 shotguns for turkey hunting,going to be adding another for next year.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Chris O

I thought everyone owned a 22 for starting out and for small game hunting. I have a bad habit of wanting too many calibers. But a 22-250 And a 25-06 will always be near and dear to my heart but I have some other centerfire rifles as well. You always have to have the perfect caliber for all the animals you may hunt. Rifles are just plain fun to shoot!!

fallhnt

Me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Mossy12GA

Me! I'm a senior, only hunt turkey and a bit of pheasant or duck. If I want to deer hunt I'll use a slug barrel on my 835.
Mossberg shooter since 1968