turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Texas Hunters

Started by spitndrum, April 20, 2011, 01:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitndrum

How much is Nonresident License and whats the limit?

Reloader

Nonres spring turkey is $126 and you get 4 tags for Rios or one tag for Easterns in ETX.

If you hunted big game the previous fall, your turkey tags are on that license, but you have to pay a $7 upland game bird fee to use them in spring turkey. 

I hunt deer in TX, so I usually just pay the upland fee every spring.

spitndrum

Quote from: Reloader on April 20, 2011, 02:44:51 PM
Nonres spring turkey is $126 and you get 4 tags for Rios or one tag for Easterns in ETX.

If you hunted big game the previous fall, your turkey tags are on that license, but you have to pay a $7 upland game bird fee to use them in spring turkey. 

I hunt deer in TX, so I usually just pay the upland fee every spring.

I have never been I'm just looking to go to help with my slam!
Thanks for the info I seen it was $126 but I didint know if there were any additional fees?

barry

Is that for 3 day license?

spitndrum

Quote from: barry on April 20, 2011, 05:47:53 PM
Is that for 3 day license?

I think its Non resient annual?

Reloader

Yep, annual.  $126 to hunt all season or until you whack 4 male turkeys.

new2turkey

Didn't know TX was really a place to think about turkey hunting, but now that I've moved to Maine I'd wish I had looked into it earlier... Lots of great stories comnig from that way  :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock:

OLE RASPY

im planning there next year hopefully

redleg06

Quote from: new2turkey on April 20, 2011, 08:08:15 PM
Didn't know TX was really a place to think about turkey hunting, but now that I've moved to Maine I'd wish I had looked into it earlier... Lots of great stories comnig from that way  :z-guntootsmiley: :you_rock:

no turkeys in Tx....

Reloader

Quote from: redleg06 on April 21, 2011, 07:49:04 AM
Quote from: new2turkey on April 20, 2011, 08:08:15 PM

no turkeys in Tx....

Yep, no turkeys in TX, just a bunch of desert and lots of stickers :D

Did I mention stickers?  I've never in my life dreamed of hunting in a place with as many stickers as TX. They are everywhere, I mean everywhere.  You can be standing in nothing but sand, kneel down, and get knees full of the little suckers.  We are constantly picking the little buggers out of our gear. At least the skeeters don't bother you over there.