turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

drones

Started by hotspur, March 30, 2018, 06:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotspur

:begging: Drones buzzing me while I'm scouting  public land. What ? Why couldn't it happen when I was duck hunting

renegade19

I guess they were scouting too?  IF it were hunting season, I'd have a hard time not shooting it down.   :funnyturkey:

guesswho

I'd show'em what a full moon looks like
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

idgobble

Locating game with a drone and then hunting it is illegal in some states. Might have to wait 24 hours.  Check with your F&G LEO.

hobbes

There are plenty of legal reasons for a drone or UAV to be in the air.  We use one at work for aerial maping of project sites, measuring stockpiles, surveying.  Realtors use them for photographing property that they have listed.  Those are just a few of the uses.  All those uses require a license and require the user to keep a visual on it at all times.  Hobby use of one does not require the same license.  It may not have been welcome but more than likely just someone playing with a new toy and absolutely no reason to shoot it down.   

zelmo1

By the same token, interfering with a legal hunter is an illegal act. Just like honking your horn to warn game or air horns

Kylongspur88

I wonder what #4 shot would do to a drone ?

captpete

Quote from: Kylongspur88 on March 31, 2018, 09:18:09 AM
I wonder what #4 shot would do to a drone ?

How many pellets in 10" circle at 40 is considered leathal for a drone??

Spitten and drummen

Bet tss would drop that drone and it wouldn't even flop
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

hobbes

A drone "buzzing around" does not mean the owner is trying to interfere with a hunt.  If its diving the hunter or turkeys in the field, thats a different stiry.  In addition, you better have dang good cause to shoot it down because you'll be breaking federal law when you do. 

mightyjoeyoung

We've had the bunny hugger up here try to use drones to interfere with legal waterfowl hunts before.  This was before all the new legislation on them.  What alot of people, these idiots included don't or didn't know was that property lines extend 500 feet into the air so they were not only interfering with a legal hunt, they were trespassing as they buzzed the hunters and tritried to put the drones between the blinds and the incoming birds.  They very legally could have shot them down.  I wonder what those ding dongs would havery done if they'd have killed a goose with one of their drones?
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

1iagobblergetter

I'd have a hard time not shooting one down against the law or not.
I hate trail cameras also when your hunting private ground that another person also has permission to hunt. Something about possibly needing to use a Yoder409 gripping tree and the possibility of being photographed is about as appeasing to me as it would be to the camera owner... :TooFunny:

Sir-diealot

I have a friend that used to get paid pretty good to fly his model aircraft over peoples lands for scouting and just general picture taking. I have thought of getting a drone for scouting and photography but I can't afford the hobbies I have now.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 31, 2018, 04:58:44 PM
I have a friend that used to get paid pretty good to fly his model aircraft over peoples lands for scouting and just general picture taking. I have thought of getting a drone for scouting and photography but I can't afford the hobbies I have now.
Sirdie,You could trade the girlfriend in for a RICH girlfriend!!  :love5:

Kylongspur88