Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alright guys, a lot of you have seasons open up on the 18th, go get em!!

Started by BOFF, April 19, 2011, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Good luck!!

Hunt safe, have fun, shoot straight, and make sure you are familiar with what pictures you need to make your bird eligible.

Read here if you are not, and even if you think you know, read it anyway.  :angel9:
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1738.0.html

Keep the beard and feet attached to the bird when measuring and taking pics of the measurements.
Have a complete picture of the beard and measuring tape from end to end.

Good luck!!!

God Bless,
David B.

redarrow

Oh yeah , Season opened on the 18 th all right. I was there ,along with 5 inches of fresh snow. I was soaked to the bone and half froze by 7 o'clock. However It was the most exciting hunt I ever had.No cigar but I got close.35 yards broadside .With a thicket between us that I couldnt shoot through. I know he gobbled at least 300 times.

BOFF

Quote from: redarrow on April 22, 2011, 09:56:11 AM
Oh yeah , Season opened on the 18 th all right. I was there ,along with 5 inches of fresh snow. I was soaked to the bone and half froze by 7 o'clock. However It was the most exciting hunt I ever had.No cigar but I got close.35 yards broadside .With a thicket between us that I couldnt shoot through. I know he gobbled at least 300 times.

Well If you really knew, wouldn't you know the exact number, or are you holding out on us?   :angel9:

Glad it was exciting. I can't imagine turkey hunting in the snow. It just doesn't seem right .  :fire:

God Bless,
David B.