OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Time for a new vest....  (Read 43924 times)

Offline land cruiser

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Time for a new vest....
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 11:25:45 AM »
Hunted with RNG 300 last weekend. 3 setups, 3 birds down. Love it. Added molle water bottle pouch, removed extra pot call pocket I thought I would need and got rid of half the junk that was riding in my Ol' Tom vest. Not going back to any other setup. Happy.

Offline ilbucksndux

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 02:36:43 PM »
I was at Bass Pro yesterday and tried on the Knights and Hale RNG 200 and 300 and I liked them both. My current vest is less than 10 years old and dont really need a new one,but if I did I would buy the Knight and Hale. Its compact and light weight. I dont like having to wear a vest especially after it gets hot. I have found that having all those pockets just lets you carry more junk than you need. All I really wear the vest for is the pad so my butt dont get wet.
Gary Bartlow

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
I couldn't believe it,when I was looking around at the red head vests,I look over and see the run n gun 200 vest,I tried it on and loved it.I bought it today, and had to have the 300 shipped to me as they did not have it in the store.This vest in awesome and so much better than the Cabela's tactical for me, anyway.I just got home,long day been up since 3am and on the road for 9 out of 11 hours.nap time.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 08:49:07 PM »
So I have setup the 200 and I can almost fit everything in it that I can in my other vest,I can't wait until the 300 arrives and I also had a change of heart with the tactical.I am going to setup 4 vests with everything as I have plenty of calls to go around.Then I can leave them at the ready and not have to worry about changing calls,I can just grab a vest for the type of hunt I am going on that day.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 11:17:55 PM »
I may have over thought the tactical,I was in a hurry the other evening and tonight I have spent the last few hours trying to setup my tactical vest with all my equipment and I have it done and I am more than happy now.

The only item that I feel does not fit in comfortably is my gobble call and to be honest, I am not sure I have used it in 4-5 years as I use my crow call and owl call as a locator.I also attached an extra box call pouch and my thermacell to the outside.

I have these items in vest or attached to outside-
-2 box calls
-3 pot calls
-5 strikers
-2 sets of primos turkey hunting gloves(1 black for when I am bowhunting)
-3 facemasks(1 black for when I am bowhunting)
-wicked tree saw
-spring creek scratch call
-mad hatchet call
-owl call
-crow call
-little buck knife
-thermacell
-extra thermacell refills
-toilet paper
-chalk & sandpaper
-primos slick stick

and I plan on purchasing a camelbak water bottle for the water bottle holder and I still have room for a granola bar or two if needed.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »
After sleeping on it, and being a vest addict.I am keeping the three new vests I purchased,the k&h 200-300 and the Cabela's tactical tater.I may try and convince my father to use the run n gun 200 after the 300 arrives for myself.I am getting my LL bean vest sewed up in a few small areas and will load it back up as well.I plan on using the run n gun 300 as my main vest for this season if it arrives before april 25th and if not I will be running the tactical to start with.

I am done with vests buying this spring but need to add a few water bottles and two more sets of pruners to my collection before season starts.

Offline quackaddict

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 10:30:37 AM »
After sleeping on it, and being a vest addict.I am keeping the three new vests I purchased,the k&h 200-300 and the Cabela's tactical tater.I may try and convince my father to use the run n gun 200 after the 300 arrives for myself.I am getting my LL bean vest sewed up in a few small areas and will load it back up as well.I plan on using the run n gun 300 as my main vest for this season if it arrives before april 25th and if not I will be running the tactical to start with.

I am done with vests buying this spring but need to add a few water bottles and two more sets of pruners to my collection before season starts.
Would you post some pictures and thoughts on the 300 when you get your hands on it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
sure,I was told yesterday it may be 2-3 weeks to get it tho.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
I am getting the urge to order the ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Impact Turkey Vest  and try it out as well.There are so many real nice vests that I can't limit myself.I may order it in the next few days.

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
I will find out tommorow sometime how long it will take the r n g 300 to get here.I really like the 200 but it is just a tad small for me to store all my needs in a vest.I think the 300 will be incredible and I am planning on having others use the 200.

I have spent more time sorting and organizing the tactical and what I have come to like about it,is that it will hold everything I want in my pack.I like having certain things with me,even if i only use them sparingly.It brings comfort and I am superstitious and a creature of habit.I really do not like change and I am still trying to talk myself out of changing vests.

However, I really like these three new vests and It's time to try them all out.

Offline quackaddict

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 11:02:50 PM »
sure,I was told yesterday it may be 2-3 weeks to get it tho.
I broke down and ordered a 300 a few hours ago. Should be here by Wednesday.

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 12:55:07 AM »
where did you get it?

Offline quackaddict

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 09:29:50 AM »
Amazon.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 09:44:48 AM »
I am getting the urge to order the ALPS OutdoorZ NWTF Impact Turkey Vest  and try it out as well.There are so many real nice vests that I can't limit myself.I may order it in the next few days.
I really like that style or seat the primos rocker started to come apart in 3 spots after just 18 hunts but I stitched it up with braided fishing line and will run it another season but I see the impact as the next I try. The seats are a good bit more comfortable and versatile to me then the standard cushion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 10:21:36 AM »
I have spent the last few hours searching and reviewing the super elite 4.0, impact,long spur,gobbler 2,rocker and nomad.This is where I stand,If the lady does not call me today like she is supposed to about the run n gun 300.I am sending the 200 back and ordering either the Impact,Grand slam or super elite 4.0 from Alps.I have no problem waiting for the 300 but if the customer service isn't there,I will buy another vest elsewhere.I work and deal with it daily and with so many other choices.I will not hesitate to try something else.

I am really intrigued by the super elite 4.0 as I like "full" vests like my current ll bean and primos gobbler vests I have.I like that there are lots of pockets, as I like to carry a lot of items and seem to be leaning towards staying that way.I can't bring myself to lighten up what I carry.I am set in my ways and don't want to change.