turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

SX3 choke recommendation shooting magblends

Started by reynolds243, March 22, 2018, 03:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Im a benelli guy but got an SX3 as a backup and looking to get a decent combo out of it.  What choke are folks running with magblends in it? I have a large surplus of them for my SBE2 so Ideally just shoot those in it.  Called Rob Roberts cause that is what I shoot out of my benelli and he said 655 of their chokes which seems tight for an invector plus barrel but again I dont have much experience with anything not named benelli lol.

taylorjones20

In the browning gold, browning maxus, and sx3 that my buddies have they all shoot IC .665 with any shell they want to and it's great.

I had the .660 RR and it was good but not as good as the IC.

There's a great deal on an RR in the classifieds for that gun, I think.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

reynolds243

Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 22, 2018, 04:12:17 PM
In the browning gold, browning maxus, and sx3 that my buddies have they all shoot IC .665 with any shell they want to and it's great.

Yeah I just bought an IC 665 from bass pro cause it was on-sale and I forgot I had some gift cards from there.  We will see how it shoots when I get it.

deltaeta

Jelly head in mine with the mag blends. Awesome. The Rob Roberts in mine wasn't as good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 22, 2018, 04:16:20 PM
Quote from: taylorjones20 on March 22, 2018, 04:12:17 PM

Yeah I just bought an IC 665 from bass pro cause it was on-sale and I forgot I had some gift cards from there.  We will see how it shoots when I get it.

That's what I am running in my Maxus and it shoots really well. T8's, LB 5's and Mag Blends all did well.

Some people are running the IC 675 with great success. If I do anything else I'll give William a call for a SumToy, but only if I go to a heavier payload on TSS and need a more open choke.

the Ward

I would say your on the right track with the IC .665 for the inv + barrel. Another good choke for inv+ barrels seems to be the Pure Gold .670, and the  Hevi shot .664 might work pretty well also. My 22" barrel with 3" chamber seemed to prefer a little tighter choke with the magblends, though I got acceptable patterns with a .680.

chipper

I've had really good success in my SX3 shooting Yes, hevi # 6 and 7, and Mag Blends  with a Indian Creek .665 and a Pure Gold .670.