OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Young cousin strikes on opening day!

Started by Sixes, March 17, 2018, 10:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

For the 3rd straight opening day of youth season, my young second cousin (I think he is 10) has a bird on the ground. They have some prime river bottom property and always have a lot of birds. Turner has now killed 7-8 turkeys and several deer. He is a natural born hunter. His Dad and I are less than a year apart in age and we grew up together, so Turner is more like a nephew than a cousin. I would of been there but had to work a 12 hour shift today.

It helps Turner that his Dad is the best turkey hunter that I know.

Here is the little slayer.

Turnerturk by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr

Chris O

Quote from: Sixes on March 17, 2018, 10:19:56 PM
For the 3rd straight opening day of youth season, my young second cousin (I think he is 10) has a bird on the ground. They have some prime river bottom property and always have a lot of birds. Turner has now killed 7-8 turkeys and several deer. He is a natural born hunter. His Dad and I are less than a year apart in age and we grew up together, so Turner is more like a nephew than a cousin. I would of been there but had to work a 12 hour shift today.

It helps Turner that his Dad is the best turkey hunter that I know.

Here is the little slayer.

Turnerturk by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr
Awesome!!! Congrats on a great bird. I love seeing the young guys and gals having success

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sixes

Here is pic from last season. Turner killed one and his 15 year old (I know he looks too old for youth, but John is 6'3 at 15 years old) killed the pair of longbeards. John has graduated from Dad's calling and these were his first solo called birds.

JohnandTurner by Tim Hillhouse, on Flickr

mgm1955

BBD

zelmo1

Awesome bro, I love to see these stories  :funnyturkey:

Double B

Followed by buzzards

suburbhunter

tomstopper

Congrats on a nice one

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

cbhunter15