OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Possible upgrade  (Read 2558 times)

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
Possible upgrade
« on: March 16, 2018, 09:32:08 AM »
Haven't scored him yet but another great morning in the deep South. Classic hunt with 1 bird firing off at daylight within 200yards and 2 more just off our property about 400 yards away. Not long after daylight I heard a shot near one of the off property birds. Things got quiet for about an hour then the closer bird started gobbling about 150yards out. I began to cut and yelp and he answered each one but wouldn’t move closer (hens?). After 15 minutes of this I heard a lone gobble from the direction the off property birds were and he sounded about 200 yards over the hill from me. I decided to turn up the aggression on the calling and within a couple of minutes he came over the hill in full strut about 60 yards away. He saw my decoys and made a bee line for my breeder hen. I let him close to 35 yards and when he temporarily came out of full strut I gave him a face full of TSS. Wish I’d have had a video to relive this one in more than my mind. That fan in the sunlight as he crested that hill was a beautiful sight. So blessed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 06:01:51 PM by harleytom »

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Re: Possible upgrade
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:36:13 AM »
Fantastic! At this rate you can limit out by Monday!

Congratulations.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:12:07 PM by FullChoke »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 11:44:31 AM »
Way to go!

Offline harleytom

• The Boss Gobbler
    • Tinypic
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »
Turned out he was an upgrade. Thanks guys. Preseason scouting and luck are paying off for me I guess.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Offline Oxley777

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait for April 9th in Arkansas!