Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Possible upgrade

Started by harleytom, March 16, 2018, 09:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harleytom

Haven't scored him yet but another great morning in the deep South. Classic hunt with 1 bird firing off at daylight within 200yards and 2 more just off our property about 400 yards away. Not long after daylight I heard a shot near one of the off property birds. Things got quiet for about an hour then the closer bird started gobbling about 150yards out. I began to cut and yelp and he answered each one but wouldn't move closer (hens?). After 15 minutes of this I heard a lone gobble from the direction the off property birds were and he sounded about 200 yards over the hill from me. I decided to turn up the aggression on the calling and within a couple of minutes he came over the hill in full strut about 60 yards away. He saw my decoys and made a bee line for my breeder hen. I let him close to 35 yards and when he temporarily came out of full strut I gave him a face full of TSS. Wish I'd have had a video to relive this one in more than my mind. That fan in the sunlight as he crested that hill was a beautiful sight. So blessed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

FullChoke

Fantastic! At this rate you can limit out by Monday!

Congratulations.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

cramerhunts

harleytom

Turned out he was an upgrade. Thanks guys. Preseason scouting and luck are paying off for me I guess.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Oxley777

Awesome! Can't wait for April 9th in Arkansas!