OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Some unwanted guest

Started by joeturkey, March 15, 2018, 02:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeturkey

While turkey hunting in South Florida called in some hogs

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Happy

You weren't using the squealing hen were you?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

mightyjoeyoung

And that's when your turkey hunt should've turned into a hog hunt...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Bowguy

Tail Feathers

I shot one with my pistol the other day while scouting.  I drove by and saw him.  I stopped the truck and walked back and two were there.  I got one shot into one of them before they took off into the high grass.  We are overrun, I didn't even go look for him.
Folks get mad on my lease if you only shoot one at a time... :toothy12:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

High plains drifter

joeturkey

Hog season on wma in South Florida  is over  I've killed my share  of  hogs  if I don't have a need for meat  I LET them go did make  some  gator  paddies  this year you mix  ground  gator  sow hog and  beef  fat with florida spices  for a great baddy don't  over cook on the  grill the best  you will ever  eat.

joeturkey

I don't  shoot  boar hogs they are  not worth  eating only sows.

Sixes

That is the one animal that I despise. They are nothing but a pain while trying to hunt. Luckily, my primary lease doesn't have them.....yet, but a farm that I hunt for a week in turkey season and two trips in deer season has a big population.

I had a big group last spring come off an AG field about 45 minutes before daybreak and I was literally surrounded by hogs of all sizes. Kinda unnerving in the pitch dark.

Rzrbac

Getting to be a lot where I turkey hunt. Also seems like a lot less turkeys. I've never ran into any but I've seen a lot of sign, I'm shooting if I see one.

southern_leo

Quote from: joeturkey on March 15, 2018, 07:04:19 PM
Hog season on wma in South Florida  is over  I've killed my share  of  hogs  if I don't have a need for meat  I LET them go did make  some  gator  paddies  this year you mix  ground  gator  sow hog and  beef  fat with florida spices  for a great baddy don't  over cook on the  grill the best  you will ever  eat.
What time you want me over for supper? I'll supply the beer! These sound delicious!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

joeturkey

Quote from: southern_leo on March 16, 2018, 01:25:32 AM
Quote from: joeturkey on March 15, 2018, 07:04:19 PM
What time you want me over for supper? I'll supply the beer! These sound delicious!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
The really big problem with hogs is they will eat anything and turkey eggs are high on there list

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

penna shooter

Bacon......is what we're having for dinner.....
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game