News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

PRIME turkey hunting public land for sale in NY

Started by adkmountainken, March 10, 2018, 11:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobspur

Quote from: mspaci on March 12, 2018, 07:28:50 PM
you all just dont get the part about, there isnt anyone around up there & no one will bother you. Alot of it you wouldnt know it was private & probably borders state. Its a different culture up north. Mike

Might be "different" up there, but the law is the law.  You and I have different ethics sir.  Respectfully.

renegade19

This whole thread made my head spin.  Maybe I've just had a long day but what was dude talking about to begin with?   :-\

fallhnt

^^^"public" land he hunts is 4 sale.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

born2hunt

Quote from: adkmountainken on March 11, 2018, 12:14:42 PM
ya know what just going to remove this post was just trying to give others a chance to come hunt a lot of public land.

I just have to ask, If I were to buy this said "public land" how many locals would I be sharing it with ? Or should I do a quota draw to keep the pressure down ?
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

MickT

ADK has it all scouted out for you. Just buy it then show up and hunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joey46

Hard to believe that much land that no one cares about.  Here in Florida that would be considered Armed Trespass and is a felony.  A conviction would leave you hunting with a slingshot.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: mspaci on March 12, 2018, 07:28:50 PM
you all just dont get the part about, there isnt anyone around up there & no one will bother you. Alot of it you wouldnt know it was private & probably borders state. Its a different culture up north. Mike
Do all us "northern hunters" a favor and don't lump us in with the OP and apparently you as well.  That line of thinking is pure BS  and you know it.  If it isn't yours, stay the hell off it.  My sister's property wasn't posted for the first 2myears she owned it.  She thought it'd be fine until I caught the neighor almost a mile down the road sitting in my treestand one morning in October.   His justification was that he'd always hunted it and it was never posted before.  I asked him if he'd mind if I hunted HIS property in return for hunting ours to which he responded "Hell no you can't!   That's why mine is posted"!   I told him that same was now the case with this property.  He was asked to get out of my stand to which he said he was there first.  When I told him I would go get the chainsaw and cut down the tree with him in it he got the message and left calling me every name in the book over his shoulder as he stomped off through the neighbors property that he also didn't own.  The next day I bought a roll of posted signs  and put them up every 50 feet at eye level.  Not a week later I went to climb into a different ladder stand and about crapped myself when my headlamp shined on the very same guy I had words with before.  This time he was told his safety depended on just how fast he couldmget out of my stand and if I ever saw him again, in person or on trailcam, I'd give him the beating of his life.  THIS is what you have  to deal with sometimes.   Its the guys that feel if it isn't posted they can do what they want.  If its your land that you should share because they feel you should and if you don't they'll just come on in anyways.  Trespassers, and thats just what the OP is, feel like they're entitled to something. Even if its not theirs, that they didn't work for it ajd never paid one red cent for it.  Now if I catch somebody on the property,  they're physically walked off on camera and depending on their attitude,  whether or not its while I'm calling the state police.   I have ZERO tolerance for trespassers.  Ntheyre thieves just like poachers and roaf hunters.  They just use a different justification for their misdeeds. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

SwampMoss

Quote from: deer655 on March 12, 2018, 07:26:11 PM
I used to hunt the Uwharries gamelands in NC. There was abig section that was a natioanl forest but the state used to lease from private individuals thousands of acres to use for hunting. Then the leases vanished as hunters were leasing the land for much more then the state was going to pay. After the hunters go older and slacked off leasing the land the people are selling their land to developers. It made me sick to go there the other day and see my old hunting stomping grounds is neighborhoods and atv trails. The old stores that catered to hunter now cater to horse riders.
That's still a large game land and, most of it is still open to hunting, isn't it? I know there are some dedicated trails but i thought the majority was free reign.

I live right close to it but have never hunted it, want to though. What's just as bad is seeing hundreds and thousands of acres That used to be woods turned into solar fields around here...but that's a discussion for a different thread. Point being I feel your pain and It makes me sick too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lmbhngr

Misdemeanor trespass charges for hunting on someone's land that is not posted in NY state. Someone worked hard to buy the land you're trespassing on posted or not. Don't be an a$$hole and give other hunters a bad name. That's why its hard to get hunting rights on private property. I hear it every year when I try to get new land to hunt on. I too, live in upstate NY